Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-20-2011, 09:52 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-21-2011, 02:01 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by McRae
Maybe this would be a fitting situation for the fight no???

YouTube - ‪(MMA) Double Knock Out‬‏

and HOLY CRAP...you were at UFC 100???? wow amazing...lucky i missed it was stuck in traffic for 3 hours that night on my way home to watch it on PPV...had to watch it the next day...
Hahaha..but...no, I'd just like to see Pissping get KTFO again. Never gets old.

I've been to some grt fight nights. UFC 100 was pretty awesome. I'm a big Hendo fan, so that was sweetness seeing him destroy Bisping like that. Actually I was a little worried he'd seriously injured him, Mike appeared stiff and unresponsive for what seemed like two minutes, although in reality it was much quicker before he came back to consciousness. Mir's head, wow, so swollen from that Lesnar hammering. I was so Mad with the stupid mistake Mir made, that was really a big opportunity for him, totally blown. Was also at UFC 94 watching the whole GSP/Penn slip-n-slide go down (but I think BJ's lack of hardcore training was the real factor), and freaked out watching Jones throw Bonnar like he was a piece of paper! Took my son to the Ultimate Finale at the Palms last year, first father-and-son fight night, very fun. One of the most memorable fight nights I've been to live was sitting in the 11th row at Fedor/Arlovski Affliction fight at the Honda Center in Anaheim. When Fedor picked him off and KO'd him in mid-air, the entire place went nuts, it was incredible. TKD Alumni (Adam) from here on TS was in the row in front of me, we were both guests of Michael from WAMMA before it fell apart.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by Super D
Hahaha..but...no, I'd just like to see Pissping get KTFO again. Never gets old.

I've been to some grt fight nights. UFC 100 was pretty awesome. I'm a big Hendo fan, so that was sweetness seeing him destroy Bisping like that. Actually I was a little worried he'd seriously injured him, Mike appeared stiff and unresponsive for what seemed like two minutes, although in reality it was much quicker before he came back to consciousness. Mir's head, wow, so swollen from that Lesnar hammering. I was so Mad with the stupid mistake Mir made, that was really a big opportunity for him, totally blown. Was also at UFC 94 watching the whole GSP/Penn slip-n-slide go down (but I think BJ's lack of hardcore training was the real factor), and freaked out watching Jones throw Bonnar like he was a piece of paper! Took my son to the Ultimate Finale at the Palms last year, first father-and-son fight night, very fun. One of the most memorable fight nights I've been to live was sitting in the 11th row at Fedor/Arlovski Affliction fight at the Honda Center in Anaheim. When Fedor picked him off and KO'd him in mid-air, the entire place went nuts, it was incredible. TKD Alumni (Adam) from here on TS was in the row in front of me, we were both guests of Michael from WAMMA before it fell apart.
Im totally impressed...youve witnessed some the best and most memorable fights in recent time...As a MMA fan i am so jealous...wow...so far ive only been to UFC 129 and my second outing will be UFC 140 in Montreal December 10th...one day i do want to travel to the mother land of the UFC "Las Vegas" to see a show there.

Old 05-21-2011, 06:45 AM
This Bob Reilly knuckle head gets my blood boiling i tell you what...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Video: Bob Reilly Discusses the Current State of MMA in New York « Featured « Iron Forges Iron

Last edited by McRae; 05-21-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Old 05-21-2011, 03:46 PM
Chuck Liddell Takes Wing In Air Force Fighter Jet

Chuck Liddell Takes Wing In Air Force Fighter Jet | TMZ.com

UFC fighter Chuck Liddell went all Top Gun at Andrews Air Force Base this week when he strapped on a flight-suit and took to the skies in a F-16 with a Thunderbirds' pilot.

Liddell posted the high flying photos on his Twitter page -- and wanted everyone to know he completed the sky ride without getting sick!

Old 05-24-2011, 11:57 AM
Old 05-24-2011, 06:53 PM
GSP-Diaz could coach at TUF 14

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/2011/05/22/showdown_on_ufc/

It's very possible that Georges St-Pierre and Nick Diaz could be the coaches for TUF 14.

If the rumours are true that UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre and Strikeforce Welterweight Champion Nick Diaz will square off in a "champion vs champion" bout on Dec.10 at UFC 140 in Montreal, then there are certain mathematics that may dictate whether these two may be in consideration to appear as coaches on Season 14 of The Ultimate Fighter.

With TUF 14 expected to make its television debut on Sept. 14, I urge you to grab a calendar, and hear me out.

On average, a season of TUF lasts approximately 12-13 weeks. That would place the season finale on Dec. 3. The aforementioned rumoured date for UFC 140 is one week later

RELATED

* Report: GSP-Diaz in the works
* Bisping wonders what's next

If history has shown us anything, it's that the coaches on TUF will usually face one another, seven days from the show's live finale, as part of the main event.

Now, of course, this is simply food for thought. It's not to say it will happen or that it's even under discussion. I simply sat back and said, "wait a second", and did the math.

I spoke to a few sources within Team GSP, who all hinted that Georges "semi-enjoyed" his first stint as coach, but would likely not do it again.

But, I was also told that he simply trains too much, often times too hard, because of the finite nature that makes up the micro nuances of a specific training camp. Perhaps, it's time for GSP to return to being a martial artist, take some time off from "hard training", and partake in some "fun training", where he can learn a variety of new techniques for his own personal arsenal. This is something he could do now, with a training camp for a December fight not commencing until mid-September.

Mind you, another tidbit I was told was that GSP wants to fight soon, again, because let's face it, this is his job. It's either fight as soon as possible, or take some time off -- that's what's being decided upon right now, as we speak.

He's not hard up for money, but does "want to get paid". He knows that this is the peak of his career and like most athletes, wants to maximize his earnings, while paving the way for his future. GSP is all about long-term financial planning, and another pay cheque helps with future investments. Take note up and comers.

Then there's the case of Diaz, who apparently met with UFC officials last week.

He's still under contract with Strikeforce and apparently their television partner, while also looking to exercise his right to box, with a rumoured bout vs. Jeff Lacy on the table for later this year. And of course, we have all heard Diaz' various tirades about wanting to get paid, and how often he has mentioned his desire to face GSP.

If the coaching scenario actually pans out, and Team Diaz is able to insert the "pay per view percentage/cut" clause into a new "Zuffa" contract, he will likely receive a handsome sum of coin after the fight.

He would be part of a thirteen week lead up to the event, which would also likely include a "UFC: Countdown" show, and perhaps a "UFC: Primetime" series as well. Speaking of the math, it'll translate into a lot of "cha ching" for Diaz.

There are so many factors that may prevent St-Pierre and Diaz from being coaches on TUF 14, but looking at the various angles here, you never know what the UFC brass will do.

Perhaps there is still a way that Chael Sonnen and Michael Bisping can be coaches, or even, Rashad Evans and Jon Jones, should "Suga" defeat Phil Davis in August. There are others being rumoured, and the situation is fluid. It's all up for discussion and opinion.

On a side note, I'd like to see GSP vs Diaz as coaches, with a Team Canada vs. Team USA theme as well.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:13 PM

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!