Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
as per usual Ariel and Dana post fight int...I look forward to these almost as much as the fight itself lol

YouTube - UFC 124: Dana White Discusses What's Next for GSP, Blasts Strikeforce

Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Great card last night, very fun event. I of course loved seeing Koscheck's eye get swelled the eff up like that, and wanted GSP to put him to sleep, but it was a convincing and totally dominant victory. I would say this though, GSP has to take risks if he wants to finish. He did go for take-downs several times and of course, Kos is an incredible wrestler. But if you're not finishing on the feet, and your goal is to finish, you've got to relentlessly go for take-downs 'til you've got ground position and finish there. In any case, great job by both. GSP was really prepared for anything, and that's why he was in the driver's seat. Kos was one tough mofo. He took some VERY hard punches and kept his wits, was fighting with one eye, what can you say, the guy's a tough bastard.

And what about Kos's post-fight comments w/Joe? Do you think he really did put on the badguy stuff to hype the fight, or do you think he just said that to manipulate how people think about him? I wonder what the truth is. In the pre-fight documentary, his HS and college coaches said he was a dick, and pretty much ticked off everyone around him...so I'm going to wager what he said last night wasn't genuine, it was an act. Tigers don't change their stripes.

Undercard rocked! How'd you like Sean Pierson VS Matt Riddle? I thought Pierson was fantastic, and Riddle was like a machine! How the heck did he not get affected by Pierson's laser-accurate (and HARD) handwork? Damn, that was some display of stand-up!

Old 12-12-2010, 10:59 AM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Super D
Great card last night, very fun event. I of course loved seeing Koscheck's eye get swelled the eff up like that, and wanted GSP to put him to sleep, but it was a convincing and totally dominant victory. I would say this though, GSP has to take risks if he wants to finish. He did go for take-downs several times and of course, Kos is an incredible wrestler. But if you're not finishing on the feet, and your goal is to finish, you've got to relentlessly go for take-downs 'til you've got ground position and finish there. In any case, great job by both. GSP was really prepared for anything, and that's why he was in the driver's seat. Kos was one tough mofo. He took some VERY hard punches and kept his wits, was fighting with one eye, what can you say, the guy's a tough bastard.

And what about Kos's post-fight comments w/Joe? Do you think he really did put on the badguy stuff to hype the fight, or do you think he just said that to manipulate how people think about him? I wonder what the truth is. In the pre-fight documentary, his HS and college coaches said he was a dick, and pretty much ticked off everyone around him...so I'm going to wager what he said last night wasn't genuine, it was an act. Tigers don't change their stripes.

Undercard rocked! How'd you like Sean Pierson VS Matt Riddle? I thought Pierson was fantastic, and Riddle was like a machine! How the heck did he not get affected by Pierson's laser-accurate (and HARD) handwork? Damn, that was some display of stand-up!
Wise words sir wise words...Pierson rocked!!!

My fav fight however was the Alves one...i just love his style and fact like i stated earlier post his FIRE is back...love seeing fighters regain past glory...a la Leben, BJ style and hopefully soon Wandy as well!!!

Old 12-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
I like Alves, he's a good guy. I hope he keeps that fire, he needs to!

I wish Wandy would regain, but he's had his career already in Japan. When he came over here, his head had already been rocked so many times, and that's just not something you can reverse. He's had his lights put out and he's much more susceptible to it; unfortunately, I think that vulnerability is going to prevent him from advancing his career against younger fresher guys. I hope he has a couple more good fights, and finishes his career in a positive light, not losing and ending as a very beaten man. Hendo, same thing, I really hope he ends on top and exits after his next couple fights if he wins. Any of these guys with battle wounds and age are rolling the dice on ending their runs with very negative memories.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by Super D
I like Alves, he's a good guy. I hope he keeps that fire, he needs to!

I wish Wandy would regain, but he's had his career already in Japan. When he came over here, his head had already been rocked so many times, and that's just not something you can reverse. He's had his lights put out and he's much more susceptible to it; unfortunately, I think that vulnerability is going to prevent him from advancing his career against younger fresher guys. I hope he has a couple more good fights, and finishes his career in a positive light, not losing and ending as a very beaten man. Hendo, same thing, I really hope he ends on top and exits after his next couple fights if he wins. Any of these guys with battle wounds and age are rolling the dice on ending their runs with very negative memories.
We can look to Couture as the perfect way to go out on top with dignity...

Old 12-12-2010, 12:11 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
Well, what can I say? Koscheck got pwnt.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:23 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Like SD said, GSP was great, BUT he played it safe. THAT is the crux of Frank Jackson's fighters. They fight, not to lose. In GSP's case, he's just so good that he breaks away from that dogma.

I enjoyed Struve! Kinda funny to see that bean pole go to town! I love seeing Dutch Thai Boxers. But it will be interesting to see how he fares against the monsters in the HW division. If he can keep the big guys at bay, and at range so that they don't get hands on; he will be exciting.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Like SD said, GSP was great, BUT he played it safe. THAT is the crux of Frank Jackson's fighters. They fight, not to lose. In GSP's case, he's just so good that he breaks away from that dogma.

I enjoyed Struve! Kinda funny to see that bean pole go to town! I love seeing Dutch Thai Boxers. But it will be interesting to see how he fares against the monsters in the HW division. If he can keep the big guys at bay, and at range so that they don't get hands on; he will be exciting.
With all that said...the guy is 22 years old...so young and so good already...he has a bright future imo...specially when he says he wants to go walk around at 290 one day...insanity!!! lol

Old 12-12-2010, 12:50 PM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
And the Alves fight, what a clinic!

Good to see him in form.

Old 12-12-2010, 12:51 PM
TeH Ears
Originally Posted by McRae
With all that said...the guy is 22 years old...so young and so good already...he has a bright future imo...specially when he says he wants to go walk around at 290 one day...insanity!!! lol
They better start slipping him juice and GH now if he wants to be 290! Because he's going to need to learn to fight all over again as his body mass increases. Go figure how I know...

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!