Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
^^^

That's from training camp before the surgery back in Nov, right?...

If it's current, that'd be pretty damned amazing. I don't think GSP is supposed to be putting shearing activity to the knee joint for at least 10 weeks after the repair. I'm guessing this video probably got posted this week but is 2 months old. I could be wrong. It happens. Plenty.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:46 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Who you guys takin' in the Strikeforce Rousey VS Tate bout?

I'm thinkin' Tate's not going to make it out of Rd 1 without getting sub'd. Rousey's just too good with her grappling and subs, she's strong as hell, quick, and very cool and decisive under pressure. She may be new to MMA, but she's a world-class veteran competitor and has adjusted very well to this fight format.

Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Old 01-06-2012, 10:30 PM
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
^ they should also test her genes and see if she's actually a woman.

Old 01-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute45otto has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tsar
^ they should also test her genes and see if she's actually a woman.

Don't you mean "test her jeans?"

Old 01-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 45otto

Don't you mean "test her jeans?"
My hand is not going anywhere near her jeans

Old 01-07-2012, 04:19 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute

Nick Diaz Is Disgraceful To The Sport, Says BJ Penn

http://bjpenn.com/news/2012/01/07/uf...ntent=FaceBook

“My recent comments have nothing to do with my loss. I know I lost.

This has everything to do with the HUGE amount of disrespect he had shown pre fight during the fight and post-fight.

Not only disrespecting me but the sport as well. To me flipping people off and consistently cussing post fight is disgraceful. It’s strange how some actually honor him for that kind of behavior. But oh well. Maybe I’m just old fashioned like that.”

- Posted via facebook.com by BJ Penn

This recent feud between BJ Penn and Nick Diaz has caught the attention of MMA fans from around the world. It came to us all kind of out of nowhere two days ago and has continued to hit home with multiple fans and haters from both sides of the equation.

For me, it’s hard to play devil’s advocate for our readers here on BJPENN.COM and I don’t know that anyone should or would expect anything less from me.

With this most recent statement coming from BJ I would like to just kind of highlight some of the items that BJ may be talking about as disgraceful to the sport of Mixed Martial Arts. I know I am probably overlooking many of his infractions to the sport, but this is just off the top of my head, these are the big ones:

- 2006: Nick Diaz loses to Joe Riggs, than instigates a fist fight with him post-fight in the hospital emergency room.
- 2007: Upon leaving the UFC, Nick faces off with Takanori Gomi in an excellent and dominating performance, however he tests positive for drugs of abuse (marijuana) and loses his fighting license and the win on his record.
- 2007: Nick loses to KJ Noons under the EliteXC banner and starts a post-fight-in-the-cage brawl in what can only be deemed as poor sportsmanship.
- 2009: Nick fails to adhere to CSAC drug testing standards and as a result gets removed from his scheduled bout with Jay Hieron for refusing to submit to pre-fight drug screenings. Many view this as a duck, not wanting to face a wrestler. (Note: Diaz has lost to all wrestling based fighters he has ever faced and his been able to avoid these fighters, including a proposed matchup with Tyrone Woodley for the past six-years.)
- 2010: Nick assaults Jason “Mayhem” Miller in the cage in what is infamously known as the “Strikeforce Brawl” and gets Strikeforce kicked off of network television in the process. This event is believed to have put the final nail in the Strikeforce coffin who eventually had to sell out to ZUFFA the next year.
- 2010: Nick films himself while hitting a bong full or marijuana while on a Strikeforce media conference call. He was 30 minutes late to this call and later posted the video on his official YouTube channel only to remove it later.
- 2011: Scheduled to face Georges St. Pierre for the UFC’s welterweight title, Nick Diaz failed to fulfill his media responsibilities and missed two pre-fight press conferences which eventually got him removed from the main event.
- 2011: Nick Diaz takes a swing at BJ Penn at the UFC 137 weigh-ins ceremony.
- 2011: Following his fight with BJ Penn at UFC 137, Diaz takes to cussing at the corner of Penn during the live telecast and calls out welterweight champion GSP with slang, cussing and inappropriate gestures.

That pretty much brings us to date. In Diaz, his overall demeanor is that of a street thug gangster who represents his hometown’s area code in a manner that would leave you to believe he really is a gangster.

His admitted use of narcotics, coupled with his unwillingness to conform to being a good human being, at least in front of cameras, is what I believe BJ Penn is talking about and if he’s not than I am.

If this was the NBA, the NFL or the MLB, Nick Diaz would be fined, suspended and condemned for every infraction I have listed. He would have no sponsors, would see no camera time or get any gameplay, yet in the world of Mixed Martial Arts fandom he is admired for these actions.

I get keeping it real, I get what being a fighter is all about and I do not think anyone can argue the point that Nick is not “real”. But as fans, when you glance up at his rap sheet, it reads like a habitual felons would. Infraction after infraction, poor decision after poor decision.

Is Nick Diaz disgraceful to the sport of MMA?

Last edited by McRae; 01-07-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 01:10 PM
I like the sound of this...I got my fingers crossed for UFC 145 in Montreal headliner!!!

Jon Jones tells the UFC he’s ready to fight ASAP

Jon Jones tells the UFC he

After his dominant win at UFC 140, Jon Jones talked about taking a break from fighting and treating his parents to a vacation.

Jones' inactivity lasted just three weeks before he began to get the itch again.

"[Jones] called about four days ago and said 'okay let's go, I'm done with vacation.'" UFC president Dana White said on "The MMA Insiders" on ESPN1100/98.9 FM in Las Vegas (12:37 mark). "He said he wanted to take all this time off and then they were calling me four days ago saying he wants to fight as soon as possible. He's ready to go."

With so many of the promotion's stars on the shelf with injuries (Junior dos Santos, Cain Velasquez, Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva) that's great news for the first quarter of 2012. A decision on Jones' next fight will have to wait until after UFC on Fox 2 on Jan. 28.

"What could end up happening is Dan Henderson fights Jon Jones first, and then [Jones' subsequent fight] would be close to the time that Rashad fights. Or we see how things go with Rashad [versus Phil Davis] and Rashad fights him first," said White.

White is expecting big things from Jones. After hearing some boos at UFC 140, Jones could be developing into a polarizing character for fans.

"When you have this guy who comes up, this new guy, and he starts beating up all the heroes, guys that everybody's been fans of for a long time, they always seem to get a weird reaction in the beginning," White said. "And then they turn into huge superstars."

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!