Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Official UFC Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Old 09-15-2011, 10:28 PM
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
BJ Penn Footage - YouTube

Sometime this evening over at Mixedmartialarts.com a report ran stating that Dana White released video footage from a recent interview with BJ Penn that discredits the multiple time UFC Champions statement from this week that the UFC interviewers made him say he was going to beat Nick Diaz in their upcoming UFC 137 co-main event.

The report reads as follows and the video is displayed above:

Early this week, BJ Penn said that his fight with Nick Diaz would not be personal, but just business. The UFC star went as far as to claim that the UFC production staff had also forced him to make statements regarding the Strikeforce champion that he necessarily didn’t want to say:

“they forced me to say, at the end of the whole thing, they forced me to say… ‘You gotta say Nick Diaz’s name now, you gotta say his name.’ And I was like, ‘What?’ They were like, ‘Say you’re going to beat Nick Diaz. Say you’re going to beat Nick Diaz.’ And I said, ‘I’m going to beat Nick Diaz.”

The complete video blog can be viewed here: youtube.com/officialBJPenn

When asked to comment on BJ’s accusation, Dana White was adamant that the story was not true. To back up his point, the UFC President supplied the raw and uncut footage of the interview directly to MixedMartialArts.com:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o17Rp...&feature=feedu

Last edited by McRae; 09-15-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
When did Mayhem join UFC? Must have been pretty recently.

I watched a rerun of Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry fight last night, such a great comeback.

The end of the Barry vs Kongo - YouTube

Old 09-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
I said it before and I'll say it again - Pat Barry is an idiot for losing that fight

Old 09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MC321
I said it before and I'll say it again - Pat Barry is an idiot for losing that fight
HUGE loss for him. Pat's got such a great story, seems to be a great guy and is super talented. He's had his big break and has blown it a couple of times now. If he gets another televised event, he'd better win or I expect him to be cut.

Just watched that video again, makes me angry at him. He walked into Kongo with his hands down....AND it was a perfect opportunity to throw a left round kick to the HEAD which was wide effing open!!! That was so sloppy. Blew it with Mirko, blew it here, stupid mistakes. Ya can't afford to throw away these opportunities. He's not young enough to squander this shot, it won't come again. If he was more disciplined, he could be one of the top guys, he's so freakin' fast, powerful, flexible, athletic, very unusual for a HW.

Last edited by Super D; 09-16-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond reputeMC321 has a reputation beyond repute
Exactly how I feel. If I didn't like the guy I'd be laughing at his stupidity.. I'm pissed at him and Dan Hardy

Old 09-16-2011, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
When did Mayhem join UFC? Must have been pretty recently.

I watched a rerun of Cheick Kongo vs. Pat Barry fight last night, such a great comeback.

The end of the Barry vs Kongo - YouTube
Wicked fight...literally jummped off the couch when i saw that lol

Old 09-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Old 09-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Old 09-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Watching the prelims right now on FB...BLOODY friggin mess right now Riddle vs Benoist...funked uppp

UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship - UFC Fight Night Live Prelims Saturday, Sept 17th at 2:30/5:30pm PT/ET | Facebook

Quick Reply: The Official UFC Thread!