Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Wayne Rooney upstaged by Manchester United team-mate Nani's Lamborghini Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010 | 11:46 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Wayne Rooney upstaged by Manchester United team-mate Nani's Lamborghini Gallardo

Wayne Rooney was upstaged on his return to training this morning by Manchester United team-mate Nani, who put the England striker in a spin with his hot new wheels.

Rooney arrived at the club's Carrington training headquarters in his red 10 plate Audi RS6.

Just days after colleague Anderson's near-fatal collision in his Audi R8 in Portugal, Nani cruised through the entrance gates in his flash Lamborghini Gallardo.

Red alert: Wayne Rooney arrives at Manchester United's Carrington training ground in his new Audi RS6

Rooney returned from his extended post-World Cup break after being embarrassed by pictures of him smoking on a rowdy night out at the weekend.

And Sir Alex Ferguson is under pressure to take action against the 24-year-old's off-field antics.

But the forward, who failed to shine in South Africa, was instead put in the shade by the Portugal winger's limited edition LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni.

All white: Nani shows off his new Lamborghini Gallardo LP 550-2 Valentino Balboni car, worth £150,000, of which only 250 have been made in the world

One of just 250 made in the world, Nani's £150,000 motor made Rooney's red RS6 look incredibly lacklustre (although a sure-sight better than my modest Ford Fiesta).

However Rooney, who owns an impressive fleet of cars including a BMW X5, Mercedes CLK, Cadillac Escalade and a Chrysler 300C, revealed he is far more comfortable in a more-modest saloon.

Once asked about his RS6 by car manufacturers Audi, United's official car supplier, Rooney said: 'A Saloon that's as quick as a Ferrari, that's my kind of car.

The getaway: Liverpool's Fernando Torres zooms off in his new Aston Martin DBS

'I love how it looks, but not as much as how it goes. And the sound is just unbelievable.'

Elsewhere, Rooney's rival Fernando Torres was revving up for the new season in his brand new Aston Martin DBS sportscar.

The World Cup winner with Spain was mobbed by Liverpool fans looking to get a glimpse of his new alloys at the club's Melwood training ground.

Family man: New Liverpool signing Joe Cole, pictured driving his Range Rover

Manager Roy Hodgson will be delighted to see the star's £160k car safely parked alongside new signing Joe Cole's family Range Rover after the Chelsea and Manchester City confirmed he has no plans to make a quick getaway from Anfield.

Old 08-03-2010 | 03:43 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Meh. That's about the only time Nani upstages Rooney... and personally I'd rather have the RS6. Torres has the best taste of them all.

Old 08-03-2010 | 04:25 PM
|
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, Torres' Aston is pretty slick.

Old 08-04-2010 | 06:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Nath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to allNath4N is a name known to all
I suddenly started to like Nani

Old 08-04-2010 | 09:47 AM
|
Teamspeed Pro
If I had to pick one of the cars I think I would have the Balboni Edition. I like the RS6, but it isnt a super exotic. If I had to wake up every morning and look in my garage at only one of those, the Lambo wins evertime for me.

Old 08-12-2010 | 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
white 550...yum