Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Jay-Z Weighing Up Arsenal Investment

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 12:10 PM
Teamspeed Member
andy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura about
Jay-Z Weighing Up Arsenal Investment

Whoateallthepies - March 23rd, 2010

American rap superstar Jay-Z has revealed that he is considering plunging some of his $500 million (approx. £330 million) fortune into Arsenal football club.

Jay-Z (real name Shawn Carter) already owns a part-stake in NBA outfit New Jersey Nets and has admitted that if the opportunity arises – and the price is right - he may not be able to pass up the chance to invest in The Gunners;

“[I started supporting Arsenal] when Thierry Henry was at the club. I just thought he was an amazing player. Ever since then I have been a big fan of the club and still today you play the beautiful football that Thierry did. I think he had a real long term-effect on the team.

I don’t know a lot about the business of soccer, but in the future if the right opportunity presented itself, then who knows? I am a businessman, and I will always look at an opportunity, and if it feels right, great.”

It seems that owning a London-based ’soccer’ team has become the in-thing with multi-millionaire rappers at the moment, as the news comes just days after rapper P-Diddy was linked with a takeover at Crystal Palace.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Beyonce will preform at half time lol

Old 03-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
No.

Nothing associated with the Nets should even be mentioned in the same sentence as Arsenal. In 70 games, the Nets have won 7, and are 48.5 games out of first place in the East. There is NOTHING good about that organization, and it usually starts from the top. I've got nothing against Jay-Z as a person or rapper, but I would be SO pissed if someone from such an losing environment was even remotely associated with one of the absolute top clubs in the world. They don't need his money, and they certainly don't need his sporting business sense. If they wanted to change their uniform to baggy pants and awesome sideways hats, maybe he could help.

This makes me mad just thinking about it.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:18 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
You do realize that in the past 10 years, the Nets have won the Eastern Conference Championship twice, and made the playoffs every single year with the except of the past 2 years.

They have traded away nearly their entire tea, of superstars, to increase their liquidity for what is to be the biggest trade year ever in the NBA. Perhaps they're also taking a dive to lock in the #1 draft pick as well.....

All of this so they can bring in Lebron/Bosch or Wade/Bosch...

Old 03-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pure Evo
No.

Nothing associated with the Nets should even be mentioned in the same sentence as Arsenal. In 70 games, the Nets have won 7, and are 48.5 games out of first place in the East. There is NOTHING good about that organization, and it usually starts from the top. I've got nothing against Jay-Z as a person or rapper, but I would be SO pissed if someone from such an losing environment was even remotely associated with one of the absolute top clubs in the world. They don't need his money, and they certainly don't need his sporting business sense. If they wanted to change their uniform to baggy pants and awesome sideways hats, maybe he could help.

This makes me mad just thinking about it.
Touché.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
I wrote this whole response at lunch today, and then closed the window and lost it. Bullet points:

- Arsenal has lost more superstars over the last 10 years than most teams will ever have.
- Despite that, they are consistently at the top of EPL and Champ Lg. That's a winning organization.
- We've won one less game than Man U, tied won more, and lost the same this season with a bunch of new guys, kids, and most of our scorers out for any given game.
- LeBron would be crazy to go to a team that would need to improve by at least 500% just to be close to the playoffs, especially leaving a title contender.
- I really can't say much about other NBA teams, because I'm a Wizards fan, which I think is more pathetic overall than even "paper bag head" NJ right now...
- I had a change of heart. In the end, Jay-Z can buy whatever he wants. His interest in being part of the team goes back at least 5 years, so I guess what can you do? I guess I'm glad he's a fan of beauty: Beyonce and the most beautifully playing team (tied with Barca) in the world. We've got good famous fans and bad infamous fans:

Pure Evo, Gillian Anderson, Benny Andersson (ABBA), Jane Austin, Osama Bin Laden, Fidel Castro, Joan Collins, Kevin Costner, Mackenzie Crook, Roger Daltrey, Colin Firth, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Martin Gore, John Gotti, HRH Prince Harry of Wales, Damon Hill, Martina Hingis, Aleksander Kwasniewski (Polish President), Rod Laver, Spike Lee, John Lydon (Johnny Rotten), Freddy Prinze Jr, Gavin Rossdale, David Schwimmer, Roger Taylor, and Roger Waters.

Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pure Evo
I wrote this whole response at lunch today, and then closed the window and lost it. Bullet points:

- Arsenal has lost more superstars over the last 10 years than most teams will ever have.

Start winning and they will stay.

- Despite that, they are consistently at the top of EPL and Champ Lg. That's a winning organization.

That's a great organization, but without titles it's not a winning organization.

- We've won one less game than Man U, tied won more, and lost the same this season with a bunch of new guys, kids, and most of our scorers out for any given game.

But....gaaah.....that's the whole point. I don't give a crap if you finish 2nd with a bunch of blind Jox's on the field, second is second. The whole "we've manage to stay in the top with our young players and with our strikers injured." So what? If you're so talented, why not get a couple of real players(grown men) and win something for a change?

- LeBron would be crazy to go to a team that would need to improve by at least 500% just to be close to the playoffs, especially leaving a title contender.
- I really can't say much about other NBA teams, because I'm a Wizards fan, which I think is more pathetic overall than even "paper bag head" NJ right now...
- I had a change of heart. In the end, Jay-Z can buy whatever he wants. His interest in being part of the team goes back at least 5 years, so I guess what can you do?

All this above jibberish I do not understand, nor do I want to.

I guess I'm glad he's a fan of beauty: Beyonce and the most beautifully playing team (tied with Barca) in the world. We've got good famous fans and bad infamous fans:

Pure Evo, Gillian Anderson, Benny Andersson (ABBA), Jane Austin, Osama Bin Laden, Fidel Castro, Joan Collins, Kevin Costner, Mackenzie Crook, Roger Daltrey, Colin Firth, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Martin Gore, John Gotti, HRH Prince Harry of Wales, Damon Hill, Martina Hingis, Aleksander Kwasniewski (Polish President), Rod Laver, Spike Lee, John Lydon (Johnny Rotten), Freddy Prinze Jr, Gavin Rossdale, David Schwimmer, Roger Taylor, and Roger Waters.

Congrats!

Old 03-24-2010, 07:12 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Jay-Z owns less than 5% of the Nets...

I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.

Anyways, I'll bet you Lebron ends up at the Knicks or Nets.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
David Schwimmer
This is reason enough to dislike the Arse

Old 03-25-2010, 06:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by strebo
Start winning and they will stay.
Plenty of the biggest names have left Man U while winning or being awarded: Becks, Ronaldo, Tevez, Ruud etc. Most of our players have left right after major success, not because we were losing. They've been drawn away by big offers. After the invincibles, almost every team on earth started poaching us. After the Champions League final, it happened again. And you can be sure 1/2 the teams in Continental Europe are drooling over Fabregas.

That's a great organization, but without titles it's not a winning organization.
We've got titles. 10 years - 2 EPL titles, 3 FA Cup, 2 Community shield. I know it's not quite as many, but with the exception of a couple of Chelsea, if you don't win it, we do.

But....gaaah.....that's the whole point. I don't give a crap if you finish 2nd with a bunch of blind Jox's on the field, second is second. The whole "we've manage to stay in the top with our young players and with our strikers injured." So what? If you're so talented, why not get a couple of real players(grown men) and win something for a change?
It'll be a little more satisfying to win this year as is, blind Jox's and all

Congrats!
I put the fans on there to be funny - particularly Bin Laden and Castro... But I am proud that Martin Gore is a fan

Quick Reply: Jay-Z Weighing Up Arsenal Investment