Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.
View Poll Results: Who will win this
Arsenal
21.43%
Chelsea
78.57%
tie
0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Premier League Preview: Chelsea - Arsenal

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 02:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shadow
^ they were good, but I wouldnt say they gave a new meaning to dominance....Arsenal had more than a few times to come back. They just never found the back of the net.
Originally Posted by LABrit
+1.
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Agreed, they haven't done that since Jose left. Under Mourinho they just had an aura of invincibility, teams knew before the match started that they weren't going to beat us.

The way I see it Arsenal have demonstrated that they play beautiful flowing EFFECTIVE football against most EPL teams they come short IMO against 3 teams Man U, Chelsea and Man City because those 3 teams' speed and physicality will cancel out all/most of Arsenal's efforts. And Chelsea in my opinion is the team that demonstrates this the best. This is still Mourinho's team but I like the tactics and mentality Ancelotti has introduced to the squad. Skeptics will be keen to highlight Chelsea's aging squad but that issue is moot given their performance in the EPL and CL this season

Originally Posted by Alex
I was totally frustrated by Arsenal's performance, I wanted to pull my hair out and I don't even like the organization. They are the consummate 5th place team and I don't believe they could achieve any better with the current formula/personnel. They had numerous scoring chances but may have had a total of 5 shots on goal in the entire match! What!?

What doesn't look good for Chelsea is that despite Arsenal's futility, they had chances to get back in the game.
I disagree, Wenger's formula is missing something and you cant blame it on youth and inexperience any longer. IMO Arsenal play beautiful flowing football but they are just a fraction slower than Man U and Chelsea and that makes all the difference plus Arsenal lack the physicality that is absolutely crucial to win the EPL. I personally think they will finish third and a distant third at that.

Last edited by like.no.other; 02-09-2010 at 02:26 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Oh Snap!