Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Trojans #1!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Give it a rest? Who else does Florida play this year? There's not one top ten team in there. LSU is the only real contender. The rest of your games are a joke.
South Carolina is usually tough for Florida (because of Spurrier).

Florida will probably play Bama in the SEC Championship game - obviously that's not on the schedule yet.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
South Carolina is usually tough for Florida (because of Spurrier).

Florida will probably play Bama in the SEC Championship game - obviously that's not on the schedule yet.
South Carolina who just squeaked by North Carolina State in their powder puff game?

Old 09-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Give it a rest? Who else does Florida play this year? There's not one top ten team in there. LSU is the only real contender. The rest of your games are a joke.
Really, OSU is a joke when they are in a "big" game, they always choke. The best team you play is Cal, so you can give it a rest.

Again, IF USC makes it to the BCS game, I will be glad to make a wager with any of you USC guys, that's a mighty big IF though, the Ducks are coming

Old 09-13-2009, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Wink

South Carolina who just squeaked by North Carolina State in their powder puff game?
...who just beat Georgia tonight?

Or maybe USC who barely squeaked by Ohio State who were lucky to beat Navy... and so on.

As a professional practitioner of deception, I would have assumed that you would use a better argument than that.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Christian
Really, OSU is a joke when they are in a "big" game, they always choke. The best team you play is Cal, so you can give it a rest.

Again, IF USC makes it to the BCS game, I will be glad to make a wager with any of you USC guys, that's a mighty big IF though, the Ducks are coming
As would I.

And for the record, I have no academic affiliation whatsoever (other than geography - growing up in the land of cotton) with any school possessing a Division I athletics program, so all of these fond reminiscences through rose-tinted glasses strike me as a little ... biased.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
orlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond reputeorlando333 has a reputation beyond repute
This is great; thanks guys; will start this up next weekend after SC wins again

(Dare I say Laney wins against the caymans?)

Old 09-13-2009, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Guest
As a professional practitioner of deception, I would have assumed that you would use a better argument than that.
Guest, I'm not surprised that the best you can do is to come up with personal attacks since you don't have any real arguments to make here. Give me a call after you make your first argument in law school so we can talk about how badly it went.

Old 09-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest, I'm not surprised that the best you can do is to come up with personal attacks since you don't have any real arguments to make here. Give me a call after you make your first argument in law school so we can talk about how badly it went.
In no way is it an ad hominem attack; I only expected your employment status to confer some advantage here.

My arguments have been cogent and relatively impartial in comparison with your pronouncements. I didn't go to Florida or any other SEC schools and I don't have an axe to grind about the perceived athletic prowess of my alma mater. I'm fairly secure with myself.

About law school - not sure if I have any interest in it anymore. In seriousness I think I would rather pursue something more intellectually fulfilling, although I wouldn't rule out a JD (for personal satisfaction, probably wouldn't even bother with the bar) later on. It becomes more apparent daily to me that I am better suited for a different type of career.

Both of my academic advisers have law degrees and teach Economics (Columbia JD) and Classics (Yale JD) respectively; I'd like to enter an Econ PhD program within a few years of graduating from undergrad, at least at this point.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by orlando333
Doesn't need to be; SC = TEAM

Don't need one guy to get the deal done

We got 11 on each side of the ball
Not disputing that. But, he still isn't read for prime time and it showed. Everyone else brought their a-game and carroll's brilliance in working around a qb who may as well have been on the sidelines the whole game is how they managed.

Fight on.

Old 09-13-2009, 09:16 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Bottom line: SC beat a top 10-ranked team at their home with a freshman QB. Florida beat a minnow in their own backyard coming off a national championship-winning season. Those are strictly facts. So whose fans should be more impressed? I'm just saying...

Quick Reply: Trojans #1!