Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Vick signs a 2 year deal with the Eagles

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:30 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL
The guy is a scumbag, his brother is a scumbag and I would venture the family he came from are a bunch of scumbags. They should have brought him into one of the dog fighting rings and "put him down" like he did those dogs.

I am a Giants fan and will not watch any game that they play the Eagles. I refuse to support a team that would give this guy a chance to make tens of millions of dollars after what he did.
I feel pretty much the same way... I hope the Eagles lose every single game this season. I also hope Andy Reid loses his job, and Jeffrey Lurie gets testicular cancer.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
Teamspeed Member
ActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud of
I apologize in advance for this post as it is a rant....

I don't understand the animosity shown towards Vick...? Because of "dog fighting"... To be honest i really don't care about the dogs.

Now most people will put me and him in the same boat/league... Great, thanks.

I don't approve or condone dog fighting but in my opinion it is being being given too much importance. We have much more terrible things going on in this country, let alone the world. People are still killing and raping children, hell slavery still exists. Yet so much time, effort, money and publicity is being given to a guy who held a dog fighting ring... Why not spend so much air time, effort and discussion towards something that could really use it...

Everyone who will sit there and curse Vick and claim he is scum is a hypocrite and a liar. Although i doubt everyone has done things on such a large scale everyone has done at least one dishonest and or cruel thing for one reason or another, if you haven't you've lied, if you've never lied then you must be Jesus Christ himself....

Deer hunting is legal... Why? Because it is controlled... Oh, wait. One shot in the head is considered "Humane"... yea, sure... But in the same respect i personally don't care about that either. I am just trying to prove a point.

Dog/prize fighting has been around for centuries. Michael Vick did not wake up one day and invent dog fighting... But because he was fortunate enough to do it on a much larger scale he deserved to be put on a cross...? Guess what? people are still gonna do it.

Once again. Put effort towards something that truly deserves it.

The guy has lost money most people in this world will not even be able to dream about... and you people still aren't happy...? Now he has a chance to make something back and everyone frowns upon it. Get real.

I am also willing to bet most of the people frowning upon Vick really wouldn't care if he didn't get caught... Regardless if anyone wants to admit it or not, we live in a "as long as you don't get caught" society. No one would have cared if he didn't get caught.

With that being said. I am pushing for the Eagles to win the Superbowl. Then i hope he does a victory speech wearing a fur coat.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ActiveII

Everyone who will sit there and curse Vick and claim he is scum is a hypocrite and a liar. Although i doubt everyone has done things on such a large scale everyone has done at least one dishonest and or cruel thing for one reason or another, if you haven't you've lied, if you've never lied then you must be Jesus Christ himself....
Waaait, did you just call me a hypocrite and a liar because I think Vick is a piece of garbage? You also think that I have tortured, killed and electrocuted animals for fun? Just FYI, I have never tortured an animal, electrocuted, shot it with a gun, starved it in the name of art or any other of that bullshit. How about you chose your words more carefully next time, instead of just throwing around bunch of BS.

P.S. I'm not Jesus Christ.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:04 PM
Teamspeed Member
ActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tsar
Waaait, did you just call me a hypocrite and a liar because I think Vick is a piece of garbage? You also think that I have tortured, killed and electrocuted animals for fun? Just FYI, I have never tortured an animal, electrocuted, shot it with a gun, starved it in the name of art or any other of that bullshit. How about you chose your words more carefully next time, instead of just throwing around bunch of BS.

P.S. I'm not Jesus Christ.
Don't take to the offensive. My words are used to get my point across. I am not trying to start a debate on the matter, but you only selected a small part of my post to respond too, the part that you felt offended by... Now i am posting BS...

Just wanted to get my 0.02 out there.

This thread was intended to discuss his new signing not how he sucks at life and should ....

I have nothing against not agreeing/accepting what he has done, nor asking anyone to forgive and forget. Just stating that people are taking too much time out of their day to point fingers and talk about how he should die, etc...

Those posts have even gotten me out of my shell as i rarely post anything negative or argumentative.

Either way everyone has their own opinions and that is fine. Just don't think some are warranted...

Last edited by ActiveII; 08-14-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
^ You have a right to your opinion, but part and parcel of Vick signing a new contract is going to include what he did, that's why there is so much hype around him. So having this thread without a discussion of what he did probably isnt going to happen.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
^ You have a right to your opinion, but part and parcel of Vick signing a new contract is going to include what he did, that's why there is so much hype around him. So having this thread without a discussion of what he did probably isnt going to happen.
That goes without saying.

My gripe is with all of the "hate" posting (if you want to call it that), because i would consider that more of a lynching than a discussion.

Like you stated everyone has the same right i do, to post/have their opinion.

Either way. I am happy to see he is with a team.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:11 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ActiveII
That goes without saying.

My gripe is with all of the "hate" posting (if you want to call it that), because i would consider that more of a lynching than a discussion.

Like you stated everyone has the same right i do, to post/have their opinion.

Either way. I am happy to see he is with a team.
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you certainly are looking at it completely differently than myself, and many other people here.

You have to take into consideration that about 10 years ago, he had the chance to end all of this, and have a clean slate. His own parents had reported that he had a pretty large involvement with dog fighting, to which the police did get involved, but didn't discover anything.

Wouldn't you think at that point you would take a step back and realize how good you have it, and decide whether or not this cruel and sick hobby was worth the $180MM or so contract? No, he didn't. Instead he only got worse.

Asides from dog fighting, he had the typical drug occurrences. He actually nearly got caught running his own drug operation... When you're one of the biggest star athletes in the world, you should take into consideration the people who are looking up to you. Children and people of all ages, are looking up to a criminal in more than one circumstance. Vick had come from literally nothing, and Blank had given him EVERYTHING anyone could ever want.

The man had everything at his fingertips, and what had he accomplished to get there? Had he won Atlanta the superbowl? No. What had he given back? Nothing...

I am shocked that Roger Goddell would allow him back into the league. He "served his time"? In my mind he didn't. You can't punish someone, and then give them the world again. He'll make 10 million dollars in two years not, before bonus's etc. Wow, that's some punishment...

Old 08-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
I'm not saying you're wrong, but you certainly are looking at it completely differently than myself, and many other people here.

You have to take into consideration that about 10 years ago, he had the chance to end all of this, and have a clean slate. His own parents had reported that he had a pretty large involvement with dog fighting, to which the police did get involved, but didn't discover anything.

Wouldn't you think at that point you would take a step back and realize how good you have it, and decide whether or not this cruel and sick hobby was worth the $180MM or so contract? No, he didn't. Instead he only got worse.

Asides from dog fighting, he had the typical drug occurrences. He actually nearly got caught running his own drug operation... When you're one of the biggest star athletes in the world, you should take into consideration the people who are looking up to you. Children and people of all ages, are looking up to a criminal in more than one circumstance. Vick had come from literally nothing, and Blank had given him EVERYTHING anyone could ever want.

The man had everything at his fingertips, and what had he accomplished to get there? Had he won Atlanta the superbowl? No. What had he given back? Nothing...

I am shocked that Roger Goddell would allow him back into the league. He "served his time"? In my mind he didn't. You can't punish someone, and then give them the world again. He'll make 10 million dollars in two years not, before bonus's etc. Wow, that's some punishment...
You are not wrong either, i respect your view on the subject.

Once again I am not necessarily trying to be Vick's night in shining armor on TeamSpeed, although if i keep discussing as i am it will very well seem that way.

Children do look up to athletes and most of the time do look up to someone who is not leading a "proper" lifestyle. I have a son. I do not want him to necessarily follow Vick's example. But there is also a great lesson to be learned and *if* he does make a turn around and play well. It will prove you can get a second chance.
In the same respect I do not want it to come across as "go ahead and mess up" you'll get another chance..." That is not the case.
I would want him to see that there is nothing to be had in following the wrong path. Vick literally lost everything, now by going towards the right path he has a chance to get something back for himself and his family.

I would say he didn't learn his lesson the first time (as you stated had a chance to stop before hand), but this has turned into a multi million dollar mistake.
Remember he came from nothing. Not an excuse but came from nothing. Can you take someone who has nothing give them everything and really expect them to make the best decisions...? That blame falls on himself and the people who were around him and supposedly cared for him...

As far as a Superbowl, no once player can do it alone. Although the quarterback position has always carried a heavy burden. Careers have been defined by Superbowl's. That is just how it is.

Hopefully he will truly change and set a positive example of how to overcome your own vices and make a comeback.

Thanks for seeing my point and respecting my opinion as i do yours.

Last edited by ActiveII; 08-14-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GetLiquidNow
Vick had come from literally nothing, and Blank had given him EVERYTHING anyone could ever want.
It's not like he wasn't f'ed up before. You can take the brotha out the hood, but you can't take the hood out the brotha. If he didn't have football to bring in all the money, he'd be slingin crack and betting on dogs just like all his friends.

All the other stuff about being a role model doesn't mean sh!t to him, because at the end of the day, what makes him happy is dealin that dope, drinkin that lean and messin up some dogs.

The one thing I've gotta give Vick credit for is that he isn't all of a sudden coming out and saying "I was sick in the head, but I'm getting help for it. I've discovered Jesus or god..." or whatever other crap these idiots who get busted doing something come out with. He's a bottom feeding, ghetto POS and he knows he won't fool anyone by saying that kind of rehabilitative crap.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:58 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
^^^The only people that 'truly' know what's going on in Vick's head is his family, close friends, and Tony Dungy.

Vick is 'basically' from the SAME background that I come from, but everybody from the 'hood' doesn't go down the same path....without football who knows what he would be doing. There definitely isn't a guarantee that he'll be doing anything else illegal besides fighting dogs.......(I don't condone it, but chalk me up as another person that doesn't care really...as long as I'm not taking part in it)

The man has paid his 'debt'...I'm glad to see him back on the scene even if it's with the damn Eagles (GO PATS!)

There are people out here killing other people and no one says a word (especially where I'm from) lol funny how society works nowadays

Quick Reply: Vick signs a 2 year deal with the Eagles