Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Vick signs a 2 year deal with the Eagles

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 09:29 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Screw Vik. He's a scumbag.

Old 08-14-2009, 10:11 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
This whole Vick thing poses an interesting moral dilemma.

On one hand, I personally think dogfighting is right down there with the lowest of the low on the humanity scale.

On the other hand, the NFL has plenty of wife beaters, murderers, and every other type of low-life, violent thug-types, all of which are allowed to play and are not subject to the public persecution Michael Vick has been subjected to.

Which is worse? Dogfighting is deplorable and disgusting, but isn't beating your wife and killing other humans worse?

Old 08-14-2009, 10:20 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE

On one hand, I personally think dogfighting is right down there with the lowest of the low on the humanity scale.

On the other hand, the NFL has plenty of wife beaters, murderers, and every other type of low-life, violent thug-types, all of which are allowed to play and are not subject to the public persecution Michael Vick has been subjected to.

Which is worse? Dogfighting is deplorable and disgusting, but isn't beating your wife and killing other humans worse?
True enough E. Might as well start with shunning a scumbag like Vik, then hope to see a better class of athlete going forward. Pipe dream I know...

Point is, these guys need to feel consequences.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:12 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
I think the answer is that they are both deplorable, it just bugs me that people like this can off pretty lightly, then return to an extravagant lifestyle. It doesnt really send a very good message.

How do you think this would have gone down in England and instead of the NFL it were the EPL?
In England they'd send Vinnie Jones to his house.....Vinnie FTW.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:28 AM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DJ
F - Vik, hope a dog bites his leg and hard
Yep I said it, he knew exactly what was going on with the dogs.
Of COURSE he knew what was going on! This is ridiculous - I am truly surprised that there are still any Vick fans left.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 AM
Banned
Jo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond reputeJo_Switzer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE

I agree 100% with what you're saying, but my complaint isn't that criminal A is more or less bad than criminal B, it's that EITHER criminal is allowed to play in the NFL AT ALL!

Screw that - if you ask me: convicted felons don't get to play for money. You get an exception if what you were convicted for is no longer illegal (think prohibition or draft-dodging) or if you get the verdict overturned on an appeal.

Old 08-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
avalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant futureavalon53 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by stlg
^he Just Fought Dogs.. Its Not Like He Got Drunk And Killed A Pedestrian...
+1000!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
I'm glad he got signed. I'll be rooting for him.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
ActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud ofActiveII has much to be proud of
I hope he gets to come back before week 6. I am glad he signed to a team.

According to what i've read, he isn't there to take McNabb's job... I am assuming they want him to be a receiver or a back... I mean they do have Westbrook also who is sick. Imagine a backfield with McNabb, Vick and Westbrook with Jackson and Curtis at receiver.

All three backs can run very well, Vick and Westbrook are excellent runners. McNabb can throw, Vick has a cannon and i've even seen Westbrook throw a few TD's.

Just imagine the possibilities.

Not an Eagles fan but i am pushing for them all they way this year, because of Vick. Never liked the before now to be honest.

Old 08-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
The guy is a scumbag, his brother is a scumbag and I would venture the family he came from are a bunch of scumbags. They should have brought him into one of the dog fighting rings and "put him down" like he did those dogs.

I am a Giants fan and will not watch any game that they play the Eagles. I refuse to support a team that would give this guy a chance to make tens of millions of dollars after what he did.

Quick Reply: Vick signs a 2 year deal with the Eagles