Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Ron Artest Headed To The Lakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 12:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i think it was a great move for the lakers. i don't know what ariza was thinking since it only looks like he got the MLE with the rockets.

Old 07-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
i think it was a great move for the lakers. i don't know what ariza was thinking since it only looks like he got the MLE with the rockets.
I can tell you with almost perfect certainty that Ariza is thinking "What the f*ck did I hire David Lee as an agent for? I am going to fire than m^ther F*cker as soon as I can!!!! I wonder if Mitch Kupchak will rescind Artest's deal and give me the same deal so I can come back????"

Ariza hired the wrong agent, pure and simple. Mitch Kupchak owned David Lee and Ariza is going to regret hiring David Lee as his agent for the rest of his life.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i would have to agree. he would have almost tripled his pay for the MLE. if would have asked for $6.5, i bet that the lakers would have paid that.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BigE
I can tell you with almost perfect certainty that Ariza is thinking "What the f*ck did I hire David Lee as an agent for? I am going to fire than m^ther F*cker as soon as I can!!!! I wonder if Mitch Kupchak will rescind Artest's deal and give me the same deal so I can come back????"

Ariza hired the wrong agent, pure and simple. Mitch Kupchak owned David Lee and Ariza is going to regret hiring David Lee as his agent for the rest of his life.
Yup... I just read that Ariza was in fact the Lakers first option. Kupchak was prepared to give Ariza an offer equivalent to the full MLE but at 10.5% raises, totaling at approximately $33.8 million over five years. Sources say that Ariza's agent, David Lee, took a confrontational approach with Kupchak, wanting a deal in the $50 million range and took offense to the team's stance that Trevor should test the market first for that level of compensation.

The guy really screwed up...

Old 07-03-2009, 02:33 PM
Teamspeed Pro
damn, i was right on the money. ariza's agent is a fool. if they were looking for more money, they probably could have found it with another team.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
thedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond reputethedude has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
damn, i was right on the money. ariza's agent is a fool. if they were looking for more money, they probably could have found it with another team.
Well... here's the thing. The only other team offering him more money, I believe was Toronto... and thats a maybe. So Lee burned his bridge with the Lakers, and Ariza was forced to take Houston's offer, probably because he doesn't wanna play in Toronto or Cleveland.

It's pretty sad when you let your greedy make career changing decisions based on ego or emotion.

Happy trails Trev. You were the perfect role player for our team, and I wish you all the best in Houston.