Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Samuel Eto'o comments... Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Samuel Eto'o comments... Spoilers

Samuel Eto'o: My Goal Comes Thanks To My Father's Blood

After Manchester United had made a good start, they found themselves behind to what the goalscorer believes was an important time to have scored.

Samuel Eto'o could not hide his delight after scoring to help Barcelona to win the Champions League in Rome against Manchester United on Wednesday evening.

The Cameroonian international put the Catalan outfit ahead after the Red Devils had made a bright start and from then on his side were able to employ their style of play.

With ten minutes on the clock, Eto'o received the ball on the right in the area and he cut inside Nemanja Vidic before beating Edwin van der Sar at the near post.

"The goal came at the most important time," he told Canal Plus. "There is a God up there and there is justice.

"It came at the vital time because it allowed us to go in front.

"I am happy because the team deserved it. But when things like this happen, one does not always know how to celebrate."

Eto'o then explained his gesture of slapping his arm after the goal as he stated that it means "el sangre de mi padre" (my father's blood). "I dedicate this cup to my father, I am very happy, I helped my team to win and that's fantastic," he added.

Lionel Messi netted a second in the 70th minute to hand Barcelona a 2-0 win against the Premier League champions and to give the Catalan heavyweights a unique treble of the Spanish title, the Copa del Rey and the Champions League.
Source
Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Iniesta And Henry Delighted To Be Part Of Barcelona's Euro Glory

Barcelona's two main injury doubts for the final recovered and shone as they helped the Catalan club to victory in Rome.

Andres Iniesta wanted to ensure that the whole Barcelona team were given credit for the Champions League win over Manchester United after being told that he was the best player in the game.

The Blaugrana playmaker stood out as the Red Devils were made to chase a match that Pep Guardiola's team controlled for long periods thanks to their incredibly technical midfield.

After missing the last few Barca games through injury, Iniesta was delighted to be back in action, but was pleased for the team and not concerned about his performance.

"I wanted to play this match and now I have done everything I feel that I could on the pitch and this was such an important victory for everybody," he told reporters.

"I am very happy and I am honoured if people say that I was the best on the field, but the whole team played well. I dedicate this cup to my family."

Thierry Henry also came close to missing the game through injury, but was given the green light and could not hide his delight after lifting the Champions League trophy.

"Last year I was very disappointed because I was not able to be important and decisive for the team;" he explained.

"This year everything changed and I am pleased. This cup is reward enough for all that I did in order to make myself important in this team."
Source
Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Bo means business
Yaya Toure Proud Of Barcelona Success

Yaya Toure Proud Of Barcelona Success
The highly-rated midfielder does not fancy making a permanent switch to the back-four, but he was delighted with Barca's success

Yaya Toure enjoyed Barcelona's display against Manchester United and was proud of the triumph, but he will not be asking to stay in the centre of defence if possible.

The Ivory Coast midfielder dropped back to help cover the absences in the Blaugrana defence and looked at home alongside Gerard Pique as the Red Devils' highly-rated forward line was held scoreless.

Samuel Eto'o opened the scoring for Barcelona before Lionel Messi headed home a second after the break to give his team the Champions League trophy to go with the domestic double.

"I think that we did what we had to do tonight. They started well, but the first goal took the pressure off us," he told ART Sport.

"We held out and then the second goal came.

"Now we have won three trophies in one season and I do not think any other [Spanish] team have done that. We will have to keep going now.

"I played in the centre of defence and just tried to keep them out, but I will not be asking to play there regularly.

"I am very proud of this achievement and want to dedicate it to all the Muslims that wished me luck."
Source
Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Attached Images  
Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
It was an amazing game I'm still smiling

Old 05-28-2009, 01:41 AM
I'm closing this thread.
Alex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond reputeAlex has a reputation beyond repute
Great pic of Guardiola being tossed in the air.

That's all for now. I'm still speechless.

edit: congrats you guys.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:33 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Joyful moment!

Watching Ronaldo cry like a little b*tch was the icing on the cake!