Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Manchester United's Evra: Bring On Barcelona’s Lionel Messi

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
Manchester United's Evra: Bring On Barcelona’s Lionel Messi

The Barcelona winger will have some formidable competition in the shape of France's left-back this coming Wednesday

Manchester United left-back Patrice Evra is confident of stopping Lionel Messi in his tracks when the two clash in the Champions League final next Wednesday.

Evra believes that the criticism levelled at him in the wake of the Carling Cup final, when he was eclipsed by Aaron Lennon, has motivated him to become the self-proclaimed “best left-back in the world”.

The French defender is likely to be in direct competition with Messi in Rome; the Argentina international occupies a berth on the right side of the Barcelona attack.

Evra, who has represented both Monaco and Manchester United in Champions League finals in the past was quick to talk up his own ability, but was cautious about the threat that Messi carries.

He told Sky Sports, "After my four-match ban and injury I had one bad game in the Carling Cup final and people said I wasn't the same player as last year.

"I've played for Manchester United for three years and had one bad game, so I was actually happy with the criticism because it made me believe I'm the best left-back in the world.

"When you've had one bad game and people are criticising you, it makes you proud. I said after that, 'Okay, we will see.'

"It wasn't a good day in the final. It was very warm at Wembley and the pitch was difficult but I don't want to make excuses.

"I just played one bad game, that's all. But after that I think I showed people who criticised me my real form again, and you can see that now. I think the criticism helps you become stronger.

"Every year I think I have improved. I have been honoured to be named in the world's best XI twice, the Premier League XI twice, and things like that make you believe.

"You can be the best left-back in the world but if you play badly in the final, people will say you're the worst.

"And, of course, I am playing against Messi, so it won't be easy."
Source
Peter Staunton, Goal.com

Attached Images  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
an off form Messi made a fool of him in last year's semi final first leg at the nou camp

Old 05-27-2009, 07:37 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by like.no.other
an off form Messi made a fool of him in last year's semi final first leg at the nou camp
And they still lost

Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 AM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
i would much rather loose, playing the way we did... rather than win the way they did.....

chickens... 10 men defence hahahhaah

Old 05-27-2009, 08:14 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonita
i would much rather loose, playing the way we did... rather than win the way they did.....

chickens... 10 men defence hahahhaah
Hahahaha who are you trying to fool? We all know it's all about scoring more goals then the opposite team and winning! If it wasn't the referees would look like this;