Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

WOW! Dodger's Manny Ramirez To Be Suspended 50 Games for PED!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Maybe over the course of the 50 days he will find a baseball uniform that actually fits him
No kidding, who does he think he is...Kenny Powers?

Old 05-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
My bet: It was testosterone and the medical condition was impotence.

Old 05-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
i tend to believe manny's story. this test was a recent test and he's been clean up until now. i'm also betting that's it's a stimulant of some sort and not a steroid.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by barrister
my Bet: It Was Testosterone And The Medical Condition Was Impotence.
Bingo!!!!

Manny Ramirez - OF - Los Angeles Dodgers - May 7 2009 2:14PM est - Top Rotoworld.com News

News: A source told Yahoo! Sports that the illegal substance for which Manny Ramirez tested positive is supposed to boost sexual drive.
Impact: Cue up the performance enhancing jokes. It's possible, if rumors of the source of the positive drug test are true, that the sexual enhancer could have been used to boost testosterone for those coming off a steroids cycle.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
People use all kinds of things in sports to heal and help them train. I mean come on almost every player has a perscription to viagara because it helps them heal faster. I'm not sure what the think yet but it was also well known that Manny gets tested quite often and I wouldn't think he'd just all the sudden start taking them...I have no idea though when it comes to baseball nothing surprises me anymore and my general assumption is more players than not are taking them so screw it. These stories are just a way for ESPN to fill the tv guide...

Old 05-07-2009, 02:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond reputeajs887 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
People use all kinds of things in sports to heal and help them train. I mean come on almost every player has a perscription to viagara because it helps them heal faster. I'm not sure what the think yet but it was also well known that Manny gets tested quite often and I wouldn't think he'd just all the sudden start taking them...I have no idea though when it comes to baseball nothing surprises me anymore and my general assumption is more players than not are taking them so screw it. These stories are just a way for ESPN to fill the tv guide...
Werd. ESPN is now more tabloid than sports.

Old 05-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Jose Canseco said that Manny's name was in the Mitchell Report more times than A-Rod's was.

Unfortunately, I think it is time we start believing Canseco - he hasn't been wrong yet.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:05 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Manny being Manny.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
Jose Canseco said that Manny's name was in the Mitchell Report more times than A-Rod's was.

Unfortunately, I think it is time we start believing Canseco - he hasn't been wrong yet.
Whoa now let's be careful the Mitchell report is one of the biggest jokes in all of sports. The thing cost an exuberant amount of money and then NOTHING came of it. It slapped some players on the wrist but then it didn't even name all the players.

I also personally think Conseco is the scumbag of all scumbags. I am not a fan of steroids in sports but the fact that this guy played baseball while using them for quite sometime and all the while thought it was ok. THEN the second he's washed up and out of the league he writes a book bashing all these other players, some friends of his, that they are all juicing effectively tarnishing their careers forever. So it was fine while he did it but then when the limelight was gone he just couldn't handle life and had to bring the spot light back onto himself be it positive or negative. I believe in loyalty above all and the fact that he waited until he was done playing ball to talk about the issue just to ruin others careers is bulls*hit...

Old 05-07-2009, 03:37 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Dunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond reputeDunner has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
Couple of reasons I don't agree with that.

1. You can get a waiver for medical prescriptions (prior to taking them).
2. They would vet that prior to deciding / announcing the suspension.
3. Manny isn't challenging the suspension.

Doesn't sound like he feels he's innocent himself (to me.)
Yeah, but you have to get the Therapeutic Use Exemption in before a certain date. Also with Aderall, you have to get diagnosed by a MLB approved doctor to get your TUE, so I was thinking maybe he got the Rx from a regular doc and either didn't get his TUE in on time or was denied a TUE by the MLB doc.

But, its looking like it may have been testosterone. If he was taking test and it was prescribed why wouldn't he get a TUE? Doesn't make sense.

Quick Reply: WOW! Dodger's Manny Ramirez To Be Suspended 50 Games for PED!