Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

How Do You Rate Mike Tyson as a Champion?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
HBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond reputeHBdirtbag has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2

But IMHO he was never a worthy one. He was always scum as a human being.
I'm not sure this can play into the factor though. He should only be judged on his ability. I feel the same w/ Bonds, he was a complete ass but was one of the best hitters ever to play the game. These guys should be judge on what they do in their sport, and only what they do in their sport.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:52 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
But the question was not limited in scope my friend.

On ability and tick marks in the win column, sure he's a champion. But on a holistic level he falls miserably short. A luxury I've taken in my judgment on the question bro.

Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
In his prime, he was the most feared heavyweight of all time. I am not going to dispute that the people he fought during that period were anywhere near as tough as the people all of the other great heavyweights of all time had to face. In his prime, he destroyed everyone that was put in front of him.

He was obviously not right in the head. At some point before the Buster Douglas fight, he lost whatever it was he had in him that made him the ferocious beast he was before. Money, women, fame....probably a combo of all three.

As much of a shame as it was to watch him self-destruct, sadly it was inevitable.