Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

New Manager Guus Hiddink Admits He Is Unlikely To Stay On At Chelsea

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 06:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
New Manager Guus Hiddink Admits He Is Unlikely To Stay On At Chelsea

New Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink has admitted that it is unlikely he will remain at Stamford Bridge after the summer because of his commitments with Russia.

The Dutchman was unveiled as Luiz Felipe Scolari’s replacement this week, but the club confirmed that it is a temporary move until the end of the season.

However, skipper John Terry has expressed his desire for Hiddink to stay, should he prove successful in his new post. The clamour would only grow if the Dutchman brings some silverware to Stamford Bridge before the end of May.

According to Sky Sports, the new Blues boss has confessed that he is unlikely to stay in West London beyond the end of the season. Hiddink said, “What happens after May is clear. It's rather difficult to do the two jobs.

"I have my obligations in Russia.”

The Russia coach has previously admitted his strong relationship with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich had helped him accept the post and also explained why it would be possible to manage the two clubs now but not next season.

Speaking about his dual roles, Hiddink explained, “We can do it now because we have just one or two games until June with the national team of Russia, that's why we said OK. We can do it now and we can do it full-hearted and fully committed.”

The Dutchman is expected to watch his new charges play Watford today in the fifth round of the FA Cup. He will then take charge of the side before next week’s vital Premier League clash with Aston Villa.

Gill Clark, Goal.com

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
InZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond repute
I still cannot fathom sacking Scolari mid-season, as much as I despise Chelski.

Old 02-14-2009, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
The stage is set for Mourinho to return

Old 02-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Jose certainly is a character and a lot is missing from the EPL since he left

Old 02-15-2009, 11:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mourinho Reiterates Chelsea Desire

Jose Mourinho extended his unbeaten record at home in domestic competitions to 108 last night, following Inter’s 2-1 triumph in the Derby della Madonnina against Milan.

The result has left the club eleven points clear of their neighbouring rivals, and nine clear of Juventus, the team currently occupying second position.

Despite his so far phenomenal debut season with Inter, Mourinho has stood by the comments he made in regards to one day returning to Stamford Bridge to coach Chelsea once again.

“I was happy at Chelsea, so why wouldn’t I want to return one day?” Mourinho confessed to the Inter Channel.

“I am a professional and I want to work in the best leagues in the world.

“I think I still have 15 years of coaching left in me, so one day does not necessarily mean tomorrow or next season.

“Just like when I say that one day I want to coach the Portuguese national team, I would like to do that in around 12-13 years' time,” he added.

The mastermind tactician went on to discuss the upcoming Champions League tie against Manchester United, and the Inter boss is certainly looking forward to facing the reigning English and European champions.

“They will be two special matches.

“Against Milan, my players demonstrated their great ability and quality when facing a difficult period, and we still managed to take home the three points.

“Like Milan, Manchester United also have great quality and it will be very difficult against them.

“The first game is at home, and I think that we have to travel to Manchester with an advantage,” Mourinho concluded.

Inter and Manchester United do battle at the San Siro stadium in the first leg of their round of 16 tie, on Wednesday February 25 at 20:45 CET.

Adrian Del Monte

Old 02-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Hehe....I hope he comes back. I think he's on a lot better terms with Roman than most people think.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 AM
cupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond reputecupcake of bahrain has a reputation beyond repute
Sacking Big Phil was such a stupid move!

Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
I disagree.

Scolari was a nice guy and I liked him as a coach, but he was a little out of his depth. You have to remember that for Chelsea a lot is on the line if they drop out of the top 4, Champions League brings in huge money, so not qualifying is really out of the question. I think the time was right to make a change and hopefully get the new manager bounce, especially with the Juve game coming up. Plus, Hiddink is a great tactician and i think he will work the players a lot harder. Scolari upset a few players in camp because his training sessions were light and the players didnt feel as fit as they could. Chelsea are never going to be Brazil, so attempting to transform them into that was a little naive in my opinion. Mourinho created an air of invincibility with this team, a toughness that teams feared before the game even started and I think that is something that Hiddink can bring back to the team.

I guess we'll see this weekend when they play Villa, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.