Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Schumacher admits he thought about F1 return

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Schumacher admits he thought about F1 return

Michael Schumacher has admitted he has contemplated returning to Formula One following his retirement at the end of the 2006 season.

The seven time world champion, who turned 40 on Sunday, has since flirted with professional motorcycle racing, and remains an advisor and occasional test driver for Ferrari.

And he told Bild newspaper that he thought about coming back to F1 "perhaps two times."

"I have had a few interesting possibilities," he explained to the German newspaper, "but I rejected them all almost immediately.
"

Schumacher said his original reason for hanging up his helmet - because he felt he no longer had the motivation to devote his life entirely to the sport - is still valid.

"So I would only be racing for the sake of it or for fun and, no, that's not my thing," the title winner in 1994, 1995, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004 said.

Source: GMM
© CAPSIS International

Attached Images  
Old 01-05-2009, 11:28 AM
Teamspeed Pro
SpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedLimit? has a reputation beyond repute
The thought must have crossed his mind that he would've won #8 if '06 had the same tire rules of '07 since the michelin's were the biggest advantage alonso had early in that season. That would tempt me to come back!

Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
While Schumi is arguably the best driver ever, I'm glad he hung up his nomex and didn't pull a Brett Favre (or Michael Jordan for that matter).

Old 01-05-2009, 10:38 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
would be nice to see him race in other series such as le mans though