Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Manchester United puts Chelsea to the sword

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 06:45 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
if they choke i'll blame hicks and his penny pinching ways. if united pick up benzema like the rumors suggest then i will start to worry.

oh and if anything, that tiff will piss gerard and torres off...you saw what happens when gerard is pissed.
Here's what Torres has to say about the title race. Sounds like he agrees with me...

Torres says United still favourites for title
LONDON, Jan 13 (Reuters) - Liverpool striker Fernando Torres said Manchester United were still favourites to retain the Premier League title despite the Anfield club leading the table since the beginning of December.

“They are world and European champions,” Torres was quoted by British media as saying on Tuesday.

“We respect them totally for the class of players they have. Many of them are among the best in the world and they’re clear favourites to win the title.

“But we’re working hard to compete and finish above them and we’re on course.”

Liverpool have drawn five of their last eight league matches and champions United, who began the season slowly, will go top if they beat Wigan Athletic at home on Wednesday and Bolton Wanderers away on Saturday.

Liverpool, who hold a five-point lead over United and have played two games more than them, are not in action until Monday’s Merseyside derby with Everton.

Spain striker Torres, who came third in FIFA’s World Player of the Year on Monday when United’s Cristiano Ronaldo took the honour, said Liverpool’s visit to Old Trafford in March would be the critical point of the season.

“I think the game at Old Trafford will decide the title,” Torres said. “If everything goes as we expect, we think we’ll go there in a similar position to the one we are in now.

“Then it will be up to us to play our game and try to get a result in a ground that, in the past few years, has not been good for Liverpool.

“We know the chances we have. We have to go to Old Trafford and we’ll play Arsenal and Chelsea at home.”

The last of Liverpool’s 18 league titles came in 1990 and United would equal that record should they win the league this season.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:06 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Umm yeah .....to sum it up, United rocks.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:37 AM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
I really think things will take form for United in the coming weeks. As I said in POTY thread I hope Ronaldo can snap out of his current play trend and get back to top form. Berbatovs header was an absolute cracker though!

Old 01-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
Chelsea had an off day, but I still think the title is United's to lose.

All this talk of getting rid of Big Phil is a joke, it's just all the Chelsea nut swingers that jumped on board when we started doing well a few years ago.

Scolari needs to assert some authority, stop being pals with everyone and put his own stamp on a team that is still predominantly Mourinho's making. It wouldn't hurt to clean out some dead weight at this point either (Ballack, Drogba) and bring in some youth with desire and passion.

Old 01-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Teamspeed Pro
All We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond reputeAll We'll Drive has a reputation beyond repute
And by the way Chris, congrats, you guys certainly deserved that scoreline on the day, I havent seen Chelsea play with such little desire in a long time.

Old 01-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
like.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond reputelike.no.other has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
Chelsea had an off day, but I still think the title is United's to lose.

All this talk of getting rid of Big Phil is a joke, it's just all the Chelsea nut swingers that jumped on board when we started doing well a few years ago.

Scolari needs to assert some authority, stop being pals with everyone and put his own stamp on a team that is still predominantly Mourinho's making. It wouldn't hurt to clean out some dead weight at this point either (Ballack, Drogba) and bring in some youth with desire and passion.
+1 also IMO Chelsea are missing half their team (Essien) that guy always makes the difference

Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by All We'll Drive
And by the way Chris, congrats, you guys certainly deserved that scoreline on the day, I havent seen Chelsea play with such little desire in a long time.
Like I said, I was surprised - I expected a 2-2 draw.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Pro
I thought we would have been lucky with a 1-1 draw before the game, but a United win didnt surprise me.