Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

Greatest Collegiate Athlete Leader

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Tebow's leadership style will not hold up in the pros, and I think he will crumble mentally.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Evil Duffman
The same people that said that also felt that Matt Lienhart and Alex Smith would be great all-time NFL QBs, they also said that Eli Manning could never achieve what his brother did and would never be a great QB. I stopped listening to the ESPN hogwash a long time ago cause most of the time they don't know squat. Let him test the waters, we will never know until he tries.

Regardless Tebow was one of greatest QBs to ever play college football. He's a classy team player who put a lot of the responsibilities on his own shoulders, he carried his team all the way to the championship game and won. He made a promise and stuck with it. Hes the anti-Vick and will make a great player no matter what cause he cares about the game.
Sorry, but caring about the game is not synonymous with being a great player.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Evil Duffman
The same people that said that also felt that Matt Lienhart and Alex Smith would be great all-time NFL QBs, they also said that Eli Manning could never achieve what his brother did and would never be a great QB. I stopped listening to the ESPN hogwash a long time ago cause most of the time they don't know squat. Let him test the waters, we will never know until he tries.

Regardless Tebow was one of greatest QBs to ever play college football. He's a classy team player who put a lot of the responsibilities on his own shoulders, he carried his team all the way to the championship game and won. He made a promise and stuck with it. Hes the anti-Vick and will make a great player no matter what cause he cares about the game.
Matt Lienhart is great now.

Old 01-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
What Mel Kiper, Jr. says about a player's NFL future has zero do to with acheivements at the collegiate level. Tebow's leadership skills top anyone that I can think of in the past 38 yrs including football, basketball or baseball.

Doug Flutie, great leader, -0- championships. Magic Johnson, great leader, 1 title. Bill Walton (big fan of the 70's UCLA teams) won two titles but wasn't the leader that Tebow is.

This is not a "who is the best NFL QB prospect" or "who is the greatest QB in college history" post. This is the greatest leader of any collegiate athlete. To this point, no one has suggested anyone relatively close to Tebow.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by dhinkle
What Mel Kiper, Jr. says about a player's NFL future has zero do to with acheivements at the collegiate level. Tebow's leadership skills top anyone that I can think of in the past 38 yrs including football, basketball or baseball.

Doug Flutie, great leader, -0- championships. Magic Johnson, great leader, 1 title. Bill Walton (big fan of the 70's UCLA teams) won two titles but wasn't the leader that Tebow is.

This is not a "who is the best NFL QB prospect" or "who is the greatest QB in college history" post. This is the greatest leader of any collegiate athlete. To this point, no one has suggested anyone relatively close to Tebow.
I'm assuming you're talking about Magic's college career?

And yes, Mel Kiper is a douche.

Old 01-11-2009, 01:33 AM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm...

By no means do I think this player is intelligent but if you're going to talk about a great collegiate leader I don't think you can forget about Charlie Ward.

Heisman trophy winner, Davey O'Brien winner, led the Seminoles to their first national championship.

Played basketball for FSU, and baseball.

Got drafted by the New York Yankees, picked up by the New York Knicks, and could've went to the NFL had he wanted to.

He was the captain for FSU CF, and when a players mother died he became the "surrogate big brother" to the player.

He also was the Vice President of student government while at FSU.

Pretty impressive if you ask me

Old 01-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
dhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond reputedhinkle has a reputation beyond repute
Absolutely. Someone finally gives another example of what I am speaking of. As impressive as Charlie Ward was, I still think Tebow is at a different level. Both are winners!

Old 01-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Mr. Hinkle, please go see the doctor. You've had a Tebowner for more than 4 hours...

Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Funny. Just interested to see the response from the TS crowd. I am not a Florida fan at all but I do call them as I see them and Tebow is the best leader among college athletes that I've seen in my lifetime (Peyton Manning and Al Wilson were outstanding at UT).

Old 01-11-2009, 12:32 PM
GLN
Thor Liked My Watch
GLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond reputeGLN has a reputation beyond repute
Can't forget about Pat Tillman from Arizona State either...

Quick Reply: Greatest Collegiate Athlete Leader