Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

The Rose Bowl

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond reputeJarodL has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by M5Kid
Oregon's win over Oklahoma State was both convincing and legitimate. How can you discredit that?
Because Oklahoma State is probably the 5th or 6th best team in the Big-12. Let me know when they play one of the "Big" 3 (Texas, Oklahoma, TT).

I am not saying USC isn't an amazing team or the Pac-10 isn't good, but the Big-12 all had to play each other this year and now their "best" team is playing the SEC's best team. USC should have played Texas if they wanted any shot at being able to claim part of the AP national championship. It's not their fault, but I still don't see how you can rank them ahead of Florida or the Big-12 teams until they actually play someone.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond reputeMiniD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Christian
If you believe half of what you say than you need help my friend

Christian
Yes.

Hopefully USC will keep a cash flow going so they will be good in the up-coming years.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JarodL
Because Oklahoma State is probably the 5th or 6th best team in the Big-12. Let me know when they play one of the "Big" 3 (Texas, Oklahoma, TT).

I am not saying USC isn't an amazing team or the Pac-10 isn't good, but the Big-12 all had to play each other this year and now their "best" team is playing the SEC's best team. USC should have played Texas if they wanted any shot at being able to claim part of the AP national championship. It's not their fault, but I still don't see how you can rank them ahead of Florida or the Big-12 teams until they actually play someone.
I think I misunderstood what you were saying about the game. The Oregon vs Oklahoma State game was never a tier 1 matchup. Oregon just isn't in the same league as the top 5, and neither is Oklahoma State. They had multiple chances to prove themselves (a much tougher schedule than Oregon), but couldn't pull it off. I think Oregon could play with Penn State, Ohio State, etc. which is just further evidence for the flawed pairings in many bowls this year.

My original point is that it still was a legitimate bowl game. I wouldn't really laugh at either team.

Last edited by M5Kid; 01-01-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Yes.

Hopefully USC will keep a cash flow going so they will be good in the up-coming years.
So bitter at such a young age. Sad.

Go Lady Vols!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MiniD
Yes.

A little Christian mini me we have on our hands.