Notices
Sports NBA, NHL, NCAA, NFL, MLB, PGA & More at The Teamspeed Sports Forum.

OKlahoma, Florida 1-2 in BCS; Will Play For Title

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
That Texas-USC game was a classic... even if SC lost. Probably the best college football game I've watched where my team didn't win. I enjoyed the destruction of OU the year before, too.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
Tim Tebow was just awesome yesterday...he gets my Heisman vote (if I had one)...

I'm calling Florida on this one. Hopefully, Percy Harvin will be ready to play...remember, Florida was able to win without him yesterday...that is a huge ego boost for the team...

Old 12-08-2008, 01:40 AM
Teamspeed Pro
KENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond reputeKENT has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, I think Texas got screwed but I honestly feel that Oklahoma is the better team and a better match against Florida. Go The Big 12!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
Tim Tebow was just awesome yesterday...he gets my Heisman vote (if I had one)...

I'm calling Florida on this one. Hopefully, Percy Harvin will be ready to play...remember, Florida was able to win without him yesterday...that is a huge ego boost for the team...
I think Florida will win this game.

Old 12-08-2008, 11:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TTM0TION
haha we'll see. I think it should be a good game but FL is going to be tough. But seriously texas won head to head so how can a team be ranked ahead of them? Makes no sense...
how is texas ranked ahead of tech? it was a three way tie. the selection method was subjective, but no one got screwed. the tie-breaking formula was set before the season started. it's not like the big 12 made it up after the fact.

the championship game has potential, but i'm skeptical due to ou's recent performances.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:09 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond repute
I think you are looking at a completely different OU team then in the past. The Sooners finished the season beating 3 ranked teams and putting 60 plus on each of them. I will take OU FTMFW!

Please explain how Texas got screwed??? Remember it is when you loose. For some odd reason old Mack Brown likes to bring up the head to head but when you bring up that OU beat TTU (the team he lost to)by 40+ he suddenly will change his tune.

Even Mike Leach the head coach @ TTU said he would put OU head and shoulders above UT.

I do believe that UF and USC would have been a great game if not for them playing in a pansy division they may have made it.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
M5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond reputeM5Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JP-"S"
I think you are looking at a completely different OU team then in the past. The Sooners finished the season beating 3 ranked teams and putting 60 plus on each of them. I will take OU FTMFW!

Please explain how Texas got screwed??? Remember it is when you loose. For some odd reason old Mack Brown likes to bring up the head to head but when you bring up that OU beat TTU (the team he lost to)by 40+ he suddenly will change his tune.

Even Mike Leach the head coach @ TTU said he would put OU head and shoulders above UT.

I do believe that UF and USC would have been a great game if not for them playing in a pansy division they may have made it.
Ahh, the elitist remarks regarding the Pac - 10, oh well.

And, the whole we beat them and they lost to them thing just doesn't fly. The beauty of college ball is the uncertainty and volatility from week to week.

Old 12-08-2008, 03:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond reputeJP-"S" has a reputation beyond repute
Like I said
"Remember it is when you loose..."

Is it "fair" that the Gators are going although they lost to an unranked team at home?

And yes the Pac-10 does suck this year. The only real football in the NCAA played this year was in the Big 12 and the SEC.

Go SOOONERS!

Old 12-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by M5Kid
And, the whole we beat them and they lost to them thing just doesn't fly.
Then how would you have done it?
Would you have texas play since they beat OU but wait TTU beat Texas and only had 1 loss but hold on OU beat TTU.

See there is no good answer for what happened. OU was fortunate to play #2 TTU then a in state #11 OSU game at the end of the year. Of course after they advanced to the Big 12 championship game they destroyed MIZ-ZOU. OU handled their business when push came to shove scoring 60 or more in the last 5 games. It would and now I wish should have when they had 55 on KU (IIRC) at halftime.

Old 12-08-2008, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Ag Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond reputeAg Surfer has a reputation beyond repute
Everyone knows the system is flawed. How can Alabama be ranked #1 in the nation, yet going into their game with Florida, they were 11 point dogs. If the fact that Vegas' odds contrasts with the BCS standings isn't an indication of a flawed system, I don't know what is. In fact, I'd be interested to see hypothetical lines for all of the different permutations for the title game with Alabama, Oklahoma, USC, and Texas.

I'm a USC alumnus and even if I weren't I still think SC could beat Alabama, Florida or Oklahoma.

Quick Reply: OKlahoma, Florida 1-2 in BCS; Will Play For Title