Notices
Southeast (US) Regional discussion forum for our members in AL, GA, and FL

Miami - Airport Runway Event!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
I left after my second run at 1:15PM. I got up at 6AM, left the hotel and was at the gate at 7AM as the schedule said. 7:15AM was supposed to be technical, did not happen until 9AM. I was there for over 6 hours in 100 degrees, it was 84 degrees at 7AM. I got no times, only a completely bogus trap speed, no slip, no display, who in their right mind would stay any longer to see if things got better? I came down with my family, I do not have a canopy, AC, cooler etc. By the way not having food but telling people they cannot bring their own BBQ is ridiculous.

They expanded the number of cars running. So after the "headstart" group and the "have to leave early" group left, they added cars. While waiting for my second run a car just came in for the technical. Then when I was suited up and boiling in my helmet three cars behind the next guy to run. They waved that car in front of me. Needles so say I fudging exploded and got out of my car. Told them what were my dearest feelings about them and they told me that he had not run ..... OH YEAH and how long did he wait, 3 hours, 6 like I just did???? No he just got there.

Sorry, yes there are growings pains with anything but if you were driving you could not leave for food or to releave yourself, because your car just got bypassed. YOU CANNOT HOLD AN EVENT LIKE THIS WITHOUT PROPER TIME TAKING. It was completely useless to stay any longer. I got no feedback to change my setup, launch or driving style. 3 hours between runs and 100 degrees on the tarmac means working your tire preassure is useless because once you are lined up for your run, you may sit 10, 30 or 60 minutes with your tires ever expandng. On my first run I left TC on and in 6th gear once the overboost kicked in above 5,500 it still tried to intervene because the tires were mush. And do you know what a 997tt runs in 6th and 5,500RPM??? It is not 157MPH, I can tell you that. I do not know what any other car was doing, is my car any good or am I??? Donnu, no display, nothing for the crowd to get into if a diesel pickup does over 150MPH or a new top speed was achieved, so what is the point????

On my way to the airport at about 6:30 chugging along, I was passed by two Corvettes, one was a ZR1 I saw later. They were local so I followed them and I had my 190MPH run in before even arriving at the airport. Maybe I should have spent the day with my family and gotten there at 4PM, hoping somebody is still around and get my 2-3 runs for $200 in. But hindsight is not helpful because I bet at the next event nobody is even going to show up until 10AM.

Last edited by Schwabe; 10-13-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
We are on the train back home right now. I am slowly uploading my pics. The album is at MileMarker-1

I actually took a lot of video, but all is handheld, so none of my actual runs, only from the line-up and slow run through ... as it was too friggin HOT for the suction cup to stay on the window ...

Last edited by Schwabe; 10-12-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:43 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Dom it says you need a p/w for the account, I suggest you use flickr.com - very easy.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:47 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
**Guys from now on do not promote these events w/o the permission of the mods thanks**

Old 10-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Link should be working now.

Here are just some random shots from my trip.

Jox, this is in Sanford, FL

4 trucks with 16 big a$$ tires:

waiting for the gates to open:

7AM 84F and must have been 110% humidity because everything was soakin' wet:

Last edited by Schwabe; 10-12-2009 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:29 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
thanks D, I can view the shots now

Old 10-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro

Old 10-12-2009, 08:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro

Last edited by Schwabe; 10-12-2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Carb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the roughCarb0n Fiber is a jewel in the rough
Schwabe, snapped one pic of your car lol

Last edited by Carb0n Fiber; 10-12-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:58 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Schwabe, that sucks. I can't imagine going through all that after shipping your car, bringing your family, and having it run that way.

I think those guys should post here and explain at the very least if they want to save their reputation. I hate hearing stories like these.

Quick Reply: Miami - Airport Runway Event!!!