Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Got 12 bottles of Chateau-Mouton Rothschild '87

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that must've sucked big time for your father's colleague. Did they catch BA and his buddies?

Old 01-30-2008, 06:38 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Wow that must've sucked big time for your father's colleague. Did they catch BA and his buddies?
Not sure if they did, but he got money from the insurance company. But I don't think that covered his emotional loss..

Old 01-30-2008, 07:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
great story, my parents as well did that for me and on my 19th gave me the case. it was latter destroyed in a house fire sadly, but Im always thankful as at least the thought was there.

Happy belated birthday btw.

Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
You don't realize how much a wine lover cringes to think that a 20 year old has a case of Mouton Rothschild from 1989 and drinks it and says it was smooth and tastes good. That's $450/bottle or so, not the best vintage by far, but with a fantastic chateau like Mouton Rothschild, it doesn't matter as much.

I suggest you keep the rest until you are 30 - they will hold - and you will enjoy them MUCH more at that age (your age). Drink beer and mixed drinks, let your palate mature some, and have fun drinking. Don't suck down Mouton just because. Trust me on this...

Your parents are very cool to do a first growth case like that.

If you ever want to invite me over to drink that old wine, I'm on it.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:20 AM
CLS
Teamspeed Senior Member
CLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond reputeCLS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by teutonictrio
You don't realize how much a wine lover cringes to think that a 20 year old has a case of Mouton Rothschild from 1989 and drinks it and says it was smooth and tastes good. That's $450/bottle or so, not the best vintage by far, but with a fantastic chateau like Mouton Rothschild, it doesn't matter as much.

I suggest you keep the rest until you are 30 - they will hold - and you will enjoy them MUCH more at that age (your age). Drink beer and mixed drinks, let your palate mature some, and have fun drinking. Don't suck down Mouton just because. Trust me on this...

+1^ on what Todd said!

Old 01-30-2008, 11:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks TT, and it really was the best wine I've ever tasted Full of rich flavor without a bad aftertaste I often find in other wines.

Yes, I know you'll appreciate wines a lot more as you grow older, my parents sure do! So I might pop two or three in the twentysomething decade
and save the others for the thirties

I'd love to share a wine like this among some real winelovers over poker or just talking cars you know. I'll def give a shout if I'm going back to visit the greatest country ever.

Old 01-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bronto
I'd love to share a wine like this among some real winelovers over poker or just talking cars you know. I'll def give a shout if I'm going back to visit the greatest country ever.
Mexico?

Old 02-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mexico?
Even though Spring Break is something very special, I'd wouldn't give Mexico that title. I was referring to the country above.

ps. it's not Canada :P