Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

TN: 2005 Chasseur Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
TN: 2005 Chasseur Pinot Noir Sonoma Coast

Nose is very fresh, heavily perfumed strawberry, but quite closed and bearing some heat. Body is silky without being heavy, quite elegant, with tart cherry, strawberry, light oak, and cola with a bit of sweet chocolate on the palate. Finish is somewhat short, carrying a bit of heat yet, with toast, cherry sauce, and strawberry.

I think I prefer the RRV pinot from them - it seems to be more my style. This is the style for those wanting a light, crisp, acidic and elegant PN, whereas I seem to prefer the more athletic, richer and spicier styles.

On the second day, after being sealed in a half bottle in the fridge, it was a different wine. Less acidic, more body, and some more spice came through - the wine on this day is far better, so the next one I open will be opened the day before and put away. Tells me this one needs a bit more aging.