Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Do you know what time it is? Mi Sueno 2005 Pinot Noir

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 01:39 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
Do you know what time it is? Mi Sueno 2005 Pinot Noir

it's time to start pouring that 05 Russian River Pinot that Mi Sueno so carefully/ delicately bottled for all of us!

sheck it!

]

Old 04-15-2008, 01:53 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ipohopper is an unknown quantity at this point
El Llano Holmes!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
drew935 is an unknown quantity at this point
muy caliente lol

Old 04-15-2008, 04:17 PM
Banned
Club411 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's time to start puring a choice 2008 King cobra Fine malt. It's so carefully/ delicately bottled for all of us!

Old 04-15-2008, 07:25 PM
BSM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really niceBSM is just really nice
Thx Knick for the intro here, such an impressive and inspirational story... check this out!

Mi Sueno Winery

My life in the wine business began humbly as a dishwasher at Auberge du Soleil. Several years later I would move onto Mustards Grill as a line cook. While neither job would ever be mistaken as the foundation for a career in winemaking, it was during these early years that I learned to appreciate the magic that is created when you pair beautiful cuisine with exceptional wine.

In 1985, at the age of 17, I accepted a summer job working for Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars. Ironically my fist job had little to do with wine; I was hired as a laborer to help build a stone wall around the home of Warren Winiarski. Not long after, he would offer me a job working harvest under the condition that I would attend school in the morning.

Over the next 20+ years my journey through the ranks of winemaking would lead to:

10 years at Stag’s Leap Wine Cellars, the last 7 years as Cellar Master
Assistant Winemaker at Chateau Potelle
Winemaker at Vine Cliff Winery
Director of Winemaking at Paul Hobbs Consulting

Each stop played a significant role in refining my style of winemaking.

Stag’s Leap was the foundation. It was here that I learned to appreciate the smell of the grape must and the feeling of being surrounded by barrels of fermenting wine. In addition, Warren taught me the value of attention to detail as well as to respect and enjoy the product we were making.

At Chateau Potelle I was introduced to French winemaking techniques, including all-natural fermentation. I also learned that while anyone can make wine, to craft a truly unique and special wine, winemaking becomes more of an art form. My tenure at Vine Cliff provided me, for the first time in my career, a chance to be in complete control of the final product.

At Paul Hobbs I had the pleasure of contributing to the development and nurturing of several ultra-premium, boutique wine programs. It was also during my time with Paul Hobbs that I fully committed to building Mi Sueño into a world class wine program. Who would have guessed that a “side project” of 200 cases of Chardonnay would one day grow into what we are today!

Old 04-15-2008, 08:33 PM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
Originally Posted by BSM
Thx Knick for the intro here, such an impressive and inspirational story... check this out!

Mi Sueno Winery

the 04 russian river pinot noir is one of the best pinot's i have ever had (to date)

amazing stuff no doubt! no matter what you bring home from them.. it's made w/ passion!

cheers ya'll

Old 04-15-2008, 11:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
vodkarocket is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by MTK
the 04 russian river pinot noir is one of the best pinot's i have ever had (to date)

amazing stuff no doubt! no matter what you bring home from them.. it's made w/ passion!

cheers ya'll
Haven't tried their Pinot...yet but I can attest to the quality of wine from Mi Sueno. Knick generously served a bottle of their El Llano and the Herrera reserve wine, and it was incredible. Definitely a bargain at its price point too!

Cheers (I'm sipping on a lowly Clos du Val Pinot Noir right now!)