Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

TN: 2000 Tardieu-Laurent Cotes du Rhone Vieilles Vignes

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
TN: 2000 Tardieu-Laurent Cotes du Rhone Vieilles Vignes

A very surprising wine. Immediately upon opening, the brett (brett is barnyard smell - soil, manure, old wood, leather) is rather strong, but does have a backbone of fruit, and is not too terribly offensive. Much of it blows off rather quickly, and rich black fruits and berries come through with no heat whatsoever. The body of this wine is very silky and rich, more so than expected even given its age, and the finish is pleasant and medium length. At $18.00, this is such a tremendous QPR that I immediately went online to order 6 more for pickup. I don't think it will last much longer, but it will be our pleasure to drink them prior to the end of this year. I can imagine this wine absolutely rocking the roof off with a nice beef stew.