Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Anyone smoke any good cigars lately?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
What cutters are you guys using? I use the "mean sardine". I also use a v cut, or a punch cutter on robusto size cigars.

Name:  IMG00084-20110213-2221.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  49.8 KB

My dog Stogie, is ironically not a fan of cigar smoke.

Name:  IMG00087-20110213-2223.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  65.0 KB

Old 02-13-2011, 10:36 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Love Xikars

Old 02-13-2011, 10:51 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
I always punch. are there some cigars that you should cut rather then punch?

Old 02-13-2011, 10:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond reputeptrans has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by eddiecut
I always punch. are there some cigars that you should cut rather then punch?
You can punch all cigars, but you are better off only punching corona up to toro sizes. The tar will build up in the head of a churchill size cigar, and throw off the taste of the smoke imo.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by ljg
Love Xikars

That is a great cutter! Xikar has awesome cigar accessories.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:03 PM
I love my DUCKS!
eddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond reputeeddiecut has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ptrans
You can punch all cigars, but you are better off only punching corona up to toro sizes. The tar will build up in the head of a churchill size cigar, and throw off the taste of the smoke imo.
ok, here goes my newbness.... Corona? Toro? I know that churchill is 7x52 right?

and that makes sense, I had that ashton in a churchill and after an hour I cut the end off and it tasted so different.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
This Diesel hold a solid ash. If any of you get a chance, and enjoy a full cigar with some spice, I truly recommend this one!

Name:  IMG00090-20110213-2303.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  79.5 KB

Old 02-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by eddiecut
ok, here goes my newbness.... Corona? Toro? I know that churchill is 7x52 right?

and that makes sense, I had that ashton in a churchill and after an hour I cut the end off and it tasted so different.
The bigger cigars draw more smoke over the duration of the smoke causing the tar build up on a punch cut, with the smoke being concentrated on to the tiny opening. By cutting it, you removed all the build up, and got the true flavor of the cigar.

This is just for reference.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
I either use a cheap plastic cutter that I got for free with a cigar order (actually I have several of those) or I use my Zino Palladium cutter that I got as a gift. Not unsurprisingly, the cheap ones work better.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:00 AM
I love my DUCKS!
so what size is a corona then? I like the toro size... lasts a perfect amount of time.

Quick Reply: Anyone smoke any good cigars lately?