Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

For the tequila lovers. Partida Anejo.

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 07:43 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
All good Tequila's MarcC. Try El Duende de Don Felipe - awesome anejo they make.

Old 02-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Robert: How is Cuervo's Reserva de las Familia? Is it worth the $150 price tag?

Old 02-26-2008, 02:11 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Robert: How is Cuervo's Reserva de las Familia? Is it worth the $150 price tag?
Absolutely. Fantastic tequila for the money. Have it with orange wedges mixed with a little bit of cinnamon. Really brings out the flavor of the tequila. You should invest in some Riedel Ouverture Tequila Glasses as well.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Still Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond reputeStill Lost has a reputation beyond repute
man this thread is awesome, I love Tequila, I suspect I'm going to fall down a slippery slope

Robert granted it's a very "cheap" tequila but how do personally rate Milagro? for me really only having drank the low end stuff (up to Patron I guess) I have found it to be the best esp. for the price. At the same time I'm sure I don't know what to look for from a good tequila in terms of taste etc.

I will say when I venture our your way I'll make it a point to come by the shop!

Old 03-17-2008, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
lager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond reputelager99 has a reputation beyond repute
Tequila is one of those things I know **** all about...

Old 03-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Schneller is an unknown quantity at this point
I picked up a bottle of Del Señor Añejo Tequila Herencia de Plata a little while ago and have enjoyed it so far.Granted I don't have a whole hell of a lot to compare it to. I'm looking forward to hearing more from you Robert

Old 03-17-2008, 07:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond reputealkyoneus has a reputation beyond repute
i need to learn about tequila, all i know so far, too much patron = barf.

Old 03-17-2008, 07:40 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Herencia is a tequila that is definitely making some noise. I have yet to try it, but I understand it has fared well with other tequila aficionado's. The anejo is supposed to be especially good.

Old 03-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
911cabrio is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Herencia is a tequila that is definitely making some noise. I have yet to try it, but I understand it has fared well with other tequila aficionado's. The anejo is supposed to be especially good.
howdy. i'm new around these parts.

i'd like to suggest Herencia Historico, if you want to try a Herencia, historico is a 5 year anejo aged in pedro ximenex (old superpremium sherry) casks and fairly small production. (500 casks) and it was probably the first super premium anejo, released in 1997, found at that time, only in europe. it's quite smoky and smooth, i stumbled across it in germany, its not so easy to find here until recently. there is however a great tequila shop in pasadena, a bit of a dive but biggest tequila selection in los angeles, and you can find most anything important there, plus a few really strange things. ther is also a tiny bar in san diego that is tequila only, and used to be very highend stuff, good place to try many flights. in any case, historico - it is a very good addition for your ultrapremium collection, especially if you like smoky. if you can find it without the special presentation box you can knock 80 bucks off the tag. but with the box, you get a special engraved Riedel glass and the box is made from the pedro ximenex casks and smells like a very, very, very, fine cigar box. damn..

i wanted to ask - are you opening a tequila bar or a tequila-influenced restarant or a tequila for-purchase shop over on Olvera.

side note - the Tivo just captured an hour of Emeril creating tequila 3ways, with s. hagar, and Sir Emeril was really sweating to make some amazing stuff. really innovative cocktails and dishes. seemed he was working even harder than usual. Bam.

robert, i am jealous of your amboroso 11 year. i want to try it next to patron burdeos. i have only had the regular amboroso anejo side by side with herradura ss.

sorry for the long message.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Hi 911, welcome to TS!

I'll have to look for that tequila. I'm always interested in trying out different types. The 11 year is without a doubt my current favorite. I'm down to half a bottle so it's going rather quickly...

The shop I'm opening on Olvera will be high end tequilas for retail sale. No bar, no restaurant. Those will come later.

What are your thoughts on the Burdeos? Personally, I wasnt all that impressed with it....

Another FANTASTIC anejo you should try is El Duende de Don Felipe. My friend Senor Felipe Soto's tequila, also very impressive...

Quick Reply: For the tequila lovers. Partida Anejo.