Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

For the tequila lovers. Partida Anejo.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 10:00 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Paul went with me to visit Ricardo Gamarra, owner of Asombroso. We each walked out of there with $2k worth of tequila.

The 11 year retails for $1100.

Old 02-07-2008, 10:10 AM
MTK
Banned
MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK MTK
saw this in a little shop a few weekends ago (out on canary row)

Old 02-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
sheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond reputesheynk has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Paul N
The Asombroso 11 year is amazing. Forget everything you know about Tequila. (Especially the College stories)

why?! All my patron college tequila stories are great!

but yeah.... once you go into sipping tequila territory bar tequila just does not do the trick anymore.

Old 02-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Keep us up to date on your tequila knowledge, I'm going back in to the Mayan again in April can you get it down there?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:01 AM
Teamspeed Member
Spencer is on a distinguished roadSpencer is on a distinguished roadSpencer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert

These bottles crack me up, look like the mix between a bong and a female toy.... :rofl:

On topic, whats the consensus on Corralejo as far as more "mainstream" brands are concerned? I usually go for the blue bottle, which I believe is the Reposado. Personally, I think it blows away anything in the price range....

Robert, where is your Tequila store/bar going to be located?

Old 02-14-2008, 12:29 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Corralejo is good tequila for the price. The blue bottle is in fact the repo. It won the double gold in SF last year too.

My first shop will be in Downtown LA on Olvera. The 2nd locale will be in the westside.

Old 02-25-2008, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
Robert: Had a couple of snorts of this Tonala over the weekend. It was very nice.

BTW, I'm a big fan of Tequila Sangrita, which I think is not that well known in the US. Will your shop offer a home made version of Sangrita?

Old 02-25-2008, 11:56 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by U Boat Commander
Robert: Had a couple of snorts of this Tonala over the weekend. It was very nice.

BTW, I'm a big fan of Tequila Sangrita, which I think is not that well known in the US. Will your shop offer a home made version of Sangrita?
I like the Tonala. I like most tequilas that come in a ceramic bottle, it imparts a nice taste on the tequila.

We probably won't be carrying any sangrita. I'm sticking mainly to the 100% agaves and the hi-end mezcals.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
U-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond reputeU-Boat Commander has a reputation beyond repute
I actually just ordered a bottle of the Tonala Suprema Reserva. It's aged 4 years, as opposed to the 2 or 3 of the regular anejo. I found a pretty good price at Bevmo for $51. I love aged spirits. My fav is the Flor de Cana Centenario rum, aged 12 years. They also make a 15 yr, which is marginally better.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:24 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
MarcC is on a distinguished roadMarcC is on a distinguished roadMarcC is on a distinguished roadMarcC is on a distinguished roadMarcC is on a distinguished roadMarcC is on a distinguished road
Tequila is one of my fave's. 3 years ago I got to go to Tequila and travel around to many of the distileries. I went with some locals and got to laugh at the americans on the drunk train/bus. The Herradura factory is cool, very organized tour. We went to a smaller distillery that private labels many brands like La Cofredia and Casa Noble. The basically told us to go look around and come back when we were done. Try tequila in its raw form straight outta the tub after the second distillation.

Some of my favorites
Chinaco, I have a half drank bottle of Emperador
Tonala
Don Julio

Quick Reply: For the tequila lovers. Partida Anejo.