Notices
Smoke & Vine Discussion Forum For The Finest Cigars, Wines, and Spirits From Around The Globe.

Wine Experts

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
I've been a "serious" wine drinker for 10 years and still don't know jack about wine...the topic is huge...do a google or buy a intro book...and whatever you do, make sure that you invest heavily in Boone's Farm

Old 12-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
okay then how much should i invest on this , and not look cheap :P

rough value

Old 12-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
Bonita,

If you're afraid of getting a bad wine for your friend, why not get a wine accessory? Like a wine rack, fancy wine remover, wine chiller, etc?

Old 12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure you can find a good bottle for $75 or so.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:47 PM
Bo means business
Bonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond reputeBonita has a reputation beyond repute
she requested a bottle of wine

Old 12-07-2009, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
Try to find a good '05 Bordeaux...you can probably pick up a Chateau Leoville Barton for less than $200 if you look hard. Of course, if you buy an '05 Bordeaux, it will be too young to be fully appreciated. So, if you want something this person can drink now, a Pinot Noir is a good choice or you can look at some of the wines coming out of Chile and Argentina.

I hate it when I'm serious...but you rep'd me which is the equivalent of us sleeping together so I feel like I owe you. Damn Catholic guilt.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:58 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
TUUNER, You're one ****ed up dude. That is all.

Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
I got a rep too. Bonita is a class act.

Teamspeed Member
ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!ChrisR1310 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Bonita,

Tuuner's suggestions are great. I've been in your position, and it's hard to know what to go for. Are you wanting something to drink straight away? Or something which can be laid down for a few years (so it'll appreciate in value, more sentimentally than anything else).

I'd recommend going to a good, highly respected wine merchant, you'll soon know if the guys at the shop are into wines (as opposed to just wanting to flog you the most expensive bottle) and they'll help you. Not to sound too soft, but their passion for wine should be infectious, and they'll be able to guide you around the basics, as well as get a feel for what you're after.

Last resort, any sommelier worth their grapes (apologies) will be able to recommend a wine which will be a really good present.

Apologies for going on, I really need to learn to either bullet point, or paraphrase!!!

Chris

Bo means business
i just searched your previous recommendation

Boone's Farm Fan Club Online

you were conning me and i repped, man i am soo naive

thanks though

Quick Reply: Wine Experts