Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single turbo 993, new member intro post

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Q8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond reputeQ8_TwinTurbo has a reputation beyond repute
Brett,
Good to see you on this forum.

Old 01-07-2009, 09:17 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
scoop is an unknown quantity at this point
Nice ride!

Old 01-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond reputePablo Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Nice slug. Beautiful 993!

Old 01-08-2009, 07:32 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Kirby is an unknown quantity at this point
sweet car

Old 01-08-2009, 10:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Beautiful car, I would love to hear it and see a video

Old 01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
DLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond reputeDLeo has a reputation beyond repute
Incredible how with a turbo that big, you don't feel lag

Great work there

Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Kevin2772 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
What are of Ohio do you hail from? Im guessing the northeast?

Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Cody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud ofCody D has much to be proud of
Very beautiful car, that stand alone wiring looks like a huge amount of work.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks again for all the kind words guys. I plan on making an entertaining vid with my buddies Duc 1098 when the weather gets better around here.

Originally Posted by DLeo
Incredible how with a turbo that big, you don't feel lag

Great work there
If you look at the dyno chart I posted, you can see it has a very linear power curve: https://teamspeed.com/forums/porsche...tml#post133767

So it's not so much of a lag-then-go type spoolup. It's more of a NA type powerband that just really pulls harder and harder as you rev higher. It was actually perfect for the road course when I had it out for a DE day.

This type of power curve is caused by a few things, including the specific turbo I picked along with the way the wastegate is plumbed. But mostly it is because this is still a high compression NA motor running low boost. So the off-to-on boost transition isn't as dramatic, and the car isn't sluggish at all without boost.

Originally Posted by Cody D
Very beautiful car, that stand alone wiring looks like a huge amount of work.
Thanks. It certainly takes a bit of work, and it's not for the inexperienced, but it really wasn't too bad. Since I built a jumper harness for it, I didn't have to spend hours cramped in the back seat trying to splice and solder wires. Rather, I built the entire jumper harness on a bench, and then just plugged it into the factory harness after mounting the AEM ECU. I don't mind doing wiring work anyway, it's much better then doing something like a clutch job anyday.