Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Single turbo 993, new member intro post

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the kind words again guys. I have attached a dyno sheet, as you can see the power is very linear. I have taken the car to 2 DE events, and it was very easy to gradually feed in perfect amounts of throttle while exiting a corner without any sudden jumps in torque. The spoolup on the track was also great, there was never a corner exit where I felt there was any lag hurting me at all. On the street the car really starts to come alive around 3500 rpm, and the higher you rev it the better it feels, I wish I didn’t have to shift at 6500.

It is an extremely fun and rewarding car to drive since it is so light and responsive with great top end pull. Just last weekend I was following my buddy on his Ducati 1098 through some twisty back roads on a spirited drive, and we just had a blast. It makes a variety of very entertaining noises as well from the exhaust, turbo, wastegate, and blow-off valve. I have some videos of it but they are all pretty crappy, I’ll try and get something decent soon.

The only thing the car is missing is another 200RWHP. I have been involved with some pretty powerful projects in the past, and this car with 600 at the wheels weighing only 2900lbs would be ridiculous amounts of fun. The turbo/intercooler/ignition/standalone were all built/designed to shoot for this number, but of course the stock internals will not like it. So someday when I get the chance to build the engine internals, I will be able to throw in one of those stiffer wastegate springs I have sitting in the garage just waiting. Higher boost with the stiffer WG spring will help the spoolup as well, since only running 6 psi peak right now the WG starts to crack as early as 3 psi hurting my spoolup a bit.

Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Brett,
Great project.
What would something like this cost? Did you buy it as a kit somewhere or is it your own desing?

Old 09-06-2008, 03:09 AM
Teamspeed Pro
911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute911 S has a reputation beyond repute
Great car Brett, i saw this car on 6speedonline.com a while ago, it's amazing!! congrads..

Old 09-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Brett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond reputeBrett B has a reputation beyond repute
Luis, I designed and fabbed the entire setup myself. The cost in parts alone wasn't too bad considering the turbo/IC/exhaust/ECU etc aren't Porsche specific, therefore being largely exempt from the Porsche tax. But I do have quite a bit of time investing into building, wiring, and tuning the custom one-off setup myself, and of course time = money no matter how you look at it.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Damn, that is one helluva 993 . Welcome to the family!

Old 09-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond reputeBIG LUV has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome. Sick project!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Luis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond reputeLuis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brett B
Luis, I designed and fabbed the entire setup myself. The cost in parts alone wasn't too bad considering the turbo/IC/exhaust/ECU etc aren't Porsche specific, therefore being largely exempt from the Porsche tax. But I do have quite a bit of time investing into building, wiring, and tuning the custom one-off setup myself, and of course time = money no matter how you look at it.
Any interest in selling another kit like that?

Old 09-10-2008, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
For the right price, possibly. Shoot me a PM if you are seriously interested.

Old 09-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Will do. I have to find the right car 1st. I think I already might have.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:28 AM
Teamspeed Member
TiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enoughTiSiBeast will become famous soon enough
Beautiful car! The 993 is the pinnacle of 911 technology. From there it's all downhill with water running through it's veins....

Quick Reply: Single turbo 993, new member intro post