Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Restoration of the Turbo 3.6 (964)

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Now why does a 58K car need a rebuild?? Was it abused or some extenuating circumstance?

Old 01-25-2013, 01:08 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mystro
Now why does a 58K car need a rebuild?? Was it abused or some extenuating circumstance?
Totally normal with expansion and contraction of many parts put together specially with a split case. That's why a low mileage car can leak as well, leave it standing for a long time and seals start to dry and next thing you know, it leaks.|

My car over the course of the past 4 years have been only driven 1,000 miles and since its been sitting for too long it has caused it to leak.

The car is not abused and its my garage queen.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Mystro You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Gotcha. I have never had any of those problems with my air cooled 911's other than the occasional oil leak that is addressed. My current (concourse condition) 88 911 Carrera has 63K and has never leaked oil or had anything other than routine maintenance required. I try to get 2.5k miles in per year to keep the juices flowing. Mainly to and from shows and PCA events. It helps to be a bit OCD with these cars.

Last edited by Mystro; 01-25-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 07:30 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
I went to see the ding its not as bad as I first saw it I guess I am calmer now. ETA is 2 weeks till I get the car back.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:47 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
^^ Good luck with the restoration!!!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:59 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by BLACKBULL
^^ Good luck with the restoration!!!
I need it feel down because its taking ages and losing my nerves.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Axman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond reputeAxman has a reputation beyond repute
Keep up the mood!

Old 01-27-2013, 08:03 AM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by Axman
Keep up the mood!
I am losing my patience, they promised me to give me my car back this week and typically there is a delay which I am used to hearing from them every time.

I pass by today feeling optimistic and seeing my car left outside without the transmission and engine, they were under the impression that the flywheel was in stock and now they have to order it from Germany which is another 10 days.

By the time this flywheel arrives and they begin to install and test the car thats probably another 30 days or so by their standard.

Things to be installed

New brake discs and pads, the whole tail light unit centre driver and passenger, new porsche classic radio, short shifter and racing pedals.

Things I need to order are sunroof seal and side skirt seal.

Old 01-27-2013, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKBULL has a reputation beyond repute
The shop always takes a long time. They make you wait till you are cussing up a storm; but all of that dissappears once you get behind the wheel!!

Old 01-28-2013, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
El Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura aboutEl Wehbi has a spectacular aura about
All good man! Just think... in a month or so you should be cruising nicely in your 3.6

Quick Reply: Restoration of the Turbo 3.6 (964)