Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has a Replica Speedster?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 10:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
if you are talking about a 356 replica they are a blast. i am looking for one as well. if you get a nicely built one they typically run better and more comfy than the originals since they use newer parts, etc

you should be able to find a nice one for somewhere between $18k and $25k

Old 07-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
My uncle in LA had one for a couple years, used it as a daily for a month. It really is a ton of fun but they are pieces of shit, ultra slow and in his the accelerator had like an inch of travel. They have a load of character and after all the modern nannying gadgets cars have they feel ultra pure.

Let UBC drive it once, he was used to playing with a single inch and he loved it.
was it a twin turbo like the 930 you wanted

Old 07-26-2012, 03:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35
LOL at these replies. I am talking about a Porsche Speedster Replica.
Yup same here. Honestly they're such a laugh.

Old 07-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Christian
if you are talking about a 356 replica they are a blast. i am looking for one as well. if you get a nicely built one they typically run better and more comfy than the originals since they use newer parts, etc

you should be able to find a nice one for somewhere between $18k and $25k
Exactly. Man i really hope that i can get one of these sometime soon. Dare i say trade my Cayman R on one? I wonder if i would regret that? They just look so fun - and special!

Originally Posted by LABrit
Yup same here. Honestly they're such a laugh.
Can you translate that to US English please.....

Old 07-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!SPEEDANDTECH You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
JPS MotorSports - 356 Speedster Replicas

try them. they have replicas. I even thought of getting a 356 coupe with a boxer engine from Subaru. I was in california and saw a few of them. They are modern made with old school look.
take a look at it and let me know what your thoughts are.

i think it would be a blast to have a speedster with a sti or wrx engine. :-)

Old 07-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Exactly. Man i really hope that i can get one of these sometime soon. Dare i say trade my Cayman R on one? I wonder if i would regret that? They just look so fun - and special!

Can you translate that to US English please.....
i would think hard before trading a Cayman R to a Speedster, they are two different animals.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:11 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
I had a Beck Spyder for a couple years and it's honestly the only car I ever regret selling.

The car had a race exhaust and was pretty fast. The build quality was so so but who cares?

Old 07-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
PorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheBoy has a reputation beyond repute
yeah these replicas look pretty legit actually. ive seen a real 550 spyder in miami (the same one that sold for 3.5 mil at amelia island) and these look damn near the same. cool car.

Old 07-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
TS,

Does anyone on here have a replica Speedster by any chance? I have bene REALLY looking at these lately as a 3rd car - sunny day cruiser - however i am scared that at 6'4" and about 200 lbs i wont fit comfortably in the car.

I am also curious to know about any other issues/options/etc to be aware of when shopping.

Cheers!

Jon
I have had four so far of the 356 models from the big 3 makers, plus been around 100's of others.

At 6 4' you are going to have to go with a different seat if you want to fit comfortably and you might need to have the pan dropped a few inches and the rails moved back on the seat as well.

Depends on your inseam and waist as well. If you wear a bigger then 38 waist then you will have to go with the racer seat in a larger lower bought. above a 40+ and you will not be able to get a seat that you will be comfortable in due to the narrow body of the car.

Some words of caution.

Additionally find a car with at least a 1776 motor, and it MUST have a freeway flyer gearbox or extended gears. Check to see that the front beam has been narrowed properly. Make sure that the door will latch if you open both and stand on the door sill on one side.

Wide 5 brakes are always a plus, as more often then not you can get really good repop wheels that will fit.

Watch for cars that are still in gellcoat as it will crack at some point.

Speedster screens (IE plastic) scratch easy and are almost impossible to find replacement plastic for.

If it has a roll bar, make sure it is welded into the frame and not bolted to the pan. Additionally these things are in my mind less safe then just about any form of transportation in the world. I would hop on my old hardtail Harley and drive through the middle of LA and feel safer then when I was in my speedsters.

The custom frame cars are a completely different animal from the pan cars but those are really for hard core kit car guys. The registration is a pain and they are really one of customs more then kits.

Last edited by Wearymicrobe; 07-27-2012 at 12:23 AM.