Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

993 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
$22k and shipping is on you....

Old 03-10-2012, 05:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Marc
Mike looks like you will have it back quite soon, worth the pain gorgeous classic 993!
Thanks Marc! Yes, should have it ready by next week some time. Really excited

Originally Posted by 997carrerasblk06
That is one clean beasty! I'm sure you're anxious to get her back in working order. Best of health!
Thank you 997, likewise

Originally Posted by parealtor
great car and great thread
Thanks parealtor!

Originally Posted by GrayTT
$22k and shipping is on you....
Ugh, don't remind me

Pictures from yesterday when I went to look in person.

Can't wait for the exhaust system to go back on

Old 03-10-2012, 06:13 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, awesome thread! If you are going to go through this you might as well document and share!! Good stuff and thanks for sharing with us. Glad you are getting it back soon.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you. I am glad you are enjoying it! I'll post up some vids of how the new exhaust system sounds. I don't think anybody else will have the same setup anywhere.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:56 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Getting closer!

I love brand new turbos

Old 03-13-2012, 06:33 PM
New OG
samuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond reputesamuel.g has a reputation beyond repute
We're going to need an exhaust clip once this puppy runs!

Old 03-14-2012, 02:36 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Best of luck with the rebuild Mike. Looking forward to seeing it run.

Old 03-14-2012, 03:52 AM
Teamspeed Pro
boursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond reputeboursachi has a reputation beyond repute
wow i'm so jealous of the facility
sad to see her go through surgery BUT it is for the best

fortunately it's just the turbos right?
the cams and valves and guides and piston heads and cylinders blah blah are all tip top?

i'm sure you're going to replace all the gaskets and seals since it's all opened up, but as long as the metal is okay, it shouldn't be too bad and LEARN from this lesson: D R I I I I V E it

Old 03-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by samuel.g
We're going to need an exhaust clip once this puppy runs!
Of course, you don't even have to ask

Originally Posted by 03-turbo911
Best of luck with the rebuild Mike. Looking forward to seeing it run.
Thanks Khalid, I hope to get the car back by the weekend.

Originally Posted by boursachi
wow i'm so jealous of the facility
sad to see her go through surgery BUT it is for the best

fortunately it's just the turbos right?
the cams and valves and guides and piston heads and cylinders blah blah are all tip top?

i'm sure you're going to replace all the gaskets and seals since it's all opened up, but as long as the metal is okay, it shouldn't be too bad and LEARN from this lesson: D R I I I I V E it
Hahaha, they do have a nice premises to work from
It is only the one turbo actually. I just replaced both as preventative maintenance.

Yes, they are doing all the seals, o-rings and gaskets. Everything internally looked perfect.

Don't worry, it will get driven A LOT more now. Need to get my money's worth

Old 03-14-2012, 04:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for sharing some pics with us Mike, you know how much I love the 993.

You will probably get out some more horsepowers now that you replaced everything

Quick Reply: 993 rebuild