Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 962 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011 | 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
MexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond reputeMexicoBlue has a reputation beyond repute
That's cool, but how / why did he spend $2 million building it?

And interesting that it has the same tire widths front and rear as my wife's factory-spec BMW X5.

Old 04-12-2011 | 04:21 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
elms is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
So according to the description it is not a real 962?
It has 'Porsche 962' on the UK V5 document after being inspected by the Uk Goverments registration authority

Most 962s were built under license from Porsche. I've had the UKs leading mechanic on 962s service and inspect it and the first thing he said when he looked at it and its detail components was "Oh yes, thats a 962 alright" now considering the guy spends most of his life building and working on them I'm happy with his comment but to cover our backsides we've named it a 'Switec-Porsche', just the same as for example 'Ford-Lotus Cortina' or 'Cooper Climax'

Hell if you wanted to stick it in Historic Group C, drive it to the track, stick a set of slicks on for a race and then drive it back home in air conditioned comfort

Old 04-12-2011 | 06:05 AM
Teamspeed Member
Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!Turbogallardo You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Love it.

Old 04-12-2011 | 10:00 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by elms
It has 'Porsche 962' on the UK V5 document after being inspected by the Uk Goverments registration authority

Most 962s were built under license from Porsche. I've had the UKs leading mechanic on 962s service and inspect it and the first thing he said when he looked at it and its detail components was "Oh yes, thats a 962 alright" now considering the guy spends most of his life building and working on them I'm happy with his comment but to cover our backsides we've named it a 'Switec-Porsche', just the same as for example 'Ford-Lotus Cortina' or 'Cooper Climax'

Hell if you wanted to stick it in Historic Group C, drive it to the track, stick a set of slicks on for a race and then drive it back home in air conditioned comfort
Gotcha... i just thought the only 962 "road car" was the schuppan... I guess it was like when they were building 935s in the USA.

Old 04-12-2011 | 02:23 PM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
i just thought the only 962 "road car" was the schuppan
Dauer also built street legal 962a.

Attached Images  
Old 04-12-2011 | 09:23 PM
|
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
^ yes, i originally assumed it was a dauer car but no...

Old 04-12-2011 | 09:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Speed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond reputeSpeed888 has a reputation beyond repute
Damm sweet ride

Can someone please hand me a towel

Old 04-13-2011 | 04:00 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
elms is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by IIVVX
^ yes, i originally assumed it was a dauer car but no...
I know someone who owns a Dauer 962 roadcar, and even by his own admission the Switec makes his look like a cheap kit car!

Old 04-13-2011 | 07:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant futureRFFG has a brilliant future
holy sh!t

Old 04-13-2011 | 09:29 AM
Board Certified Car Fanatic
RufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond reputeRufMD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
People who say money can't buy happiness are fvcking retards. Want.

Haha ! Classic......

Quick Reply: Porsche 962 for sale