Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering this one

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h20skier
black interior? it's a winner if that the case and the price is right.

LEAK DOWN TEST!!!!!!!!!

Not going to do a leakdown. Worse case scenario would be a top end job, no?

Old 04-18-2011, 11:32 AM
Rolex Fanboy
h20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond reputeh20skier has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Green
leak down is cheap in comparison honestly. It should be part of a proper PPI anyway.

Yes you would have to rebuild.

Old 04-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Green
Yeah, that would be the worst case scenario, but a compression/leakdown test should only cost you a couple hundred bucks on top of the standard PPI. Cheap insurance, and if the numbers come out bad, you can negotiate the top-end job into the price.

Also, looks like a B&B muffler. Those and the B&B headers are notorious for cracking. Make sure they check that thoroughly during the PPI.

Last edited by ZAMIRZ; 04-18-2011 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
As reckless as it seems, I was going without the PPI. The location of the car in Mississippi is not conducive to a thorough PPI. I called the shop that did a major on the car last summer in New Orleans and they gave me the run down of the issues, that the owner had already disclosed. I hope to get it a reasonable price that would leave room for repairs should they be needed.