Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 917K Steve McQueen "Le Mans" Diecast Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche 917K Steve McQueen "Le Mans" Diecast Car

For those who are interested in this type of thing, I picked up another diecast car this week.

It is a Porsche 917K Steve Mcqueen 1/18 "Le Mans" by Autoart.

Autoart makes incredibly detailed diecast cars and this one is no exception.

This is one of the most fragile pieces I have acquired.

There are a lot of very small parts - most of which function as they would in the real world.

Autoart is getting crazy with how they package these pieces though.

You almost have to break it to get it out of the protective packaging!

Still, it is a thrill to have this piece and it makes me feel closer to the great Porsche legends of the past.

Took some pics and posted them below. Enjoy.

Here is the box. Nice presentation - as always.

The packaging is very frustrating. Any neurosurgeons around? Jas??

A nice profile view.

From the front. Looks mean. I keep expecting her to fire up!

Profile from the other side.

Sexy butt eh?

All of the parts move and open like they would on the actual car.

Engine cover closed.

Up high.

Down low.

These are pretty rare and don't come on the market much. But there are several in stock at the place I use if you are interested.

Thanks for sharing this with me!!

Last edited by Barrister; 02-16-2011 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:51 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
One of my absolute favorite cars of all time. Congrats Dana!!!

Old 02-16-2011, 09:55 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Looks gorgeous and typical AutoArt quality. This thread reminds me... I need a new 1/18 Porsche! I was actually so impressed with AutoArt's attention to detail on the Carrera GT I got two (hatrrs gnna h8 )

Old 02-16-2011, 10:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
^ They make a great CGT. I have seen it in gray and black.

Which two do you have?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Member
ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!ArDs You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Nice! That looks bad ass.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:37 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
might be my fav movie, very cool model D.

do they have the white #25 917 longtail? or the #8 fezza for that matter?

Old 02-16-2011, 10:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Old 02-16-2011, 10:47 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
nice!

Old 02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Official Teamspeed Duck's Fan
BuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzedHornet has a reputation beyond repute
Good stuff Dana. Doesn't get much better than a 917 in Gulf livery, then to top it off it was driven by the man McQueen!

I mentioned the "Camera" car in another thread. Here is a 1/32 version by Fly, but I thought for sure there was a 1/18 by Autoart as well. I thought they made a series of Leman's 917's, the 20 car (like you bought), the 20 car post wreck, and a worn 20 car after many miles on the track with grime all over and finally a camera car like this one.

Old 02-16-2011, 10:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^^ That is awesome!

Quick Reply: Porsche 917K Steve McQueen "Le Mans" Diecast Car