Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche 928 S4 the child in the porsche family that was pushed aside

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 10:12 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
action machine works is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche 928 S4 the child in the porsche family that was pushed aside

Ok people im new here so im excuse me if im doing something wrong. I have been the owner of what i believe to be ONE OF the best cars that porsche has made. The second generation 928 and of course the third and last. Mine is in my view the best package. Red on black with a exremely rare 5 speed. If they took this car with todays more modern technology and built it again it would be like it was back then a super car way ahead of its time. It's too bad germans were and still are so good at building motors but suck in the electronics area. My car bone stock will literally still to this day smoke other modern V8 sports cars. Anyway, i used to be a big fan of Porsches and still kinda am but what they offer today is nothing like the selection of the past. 944's 928's 911's each car with a different personality, look and purpose. Now it seems that the parts at least the front are all interchangeable. I hope with VW running the show which by the way is a damn shame they will force porsche to go back to their roots and build cars and suv's (still hard to swallow) that dont look like scaled up or down versions of each other. Happy holidays to all!!

Old 12-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you need a new 928 based on the Panamera.

Welcome to the Team! Now let's see some pics if your 928!

Old 12-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
and pics ....

Old 12-23-2009, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome.

I have a 95 GTS with 5 spd. Love it. In addition as you describe, it is a very different driving experience from a 911, hence why I have both :-0

Old 12-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future928s has a brilliant future
Welcome!

I've had a 928S 5-speed for a while. I liked it alot , But I was missing to much a 911 under my but.
But you can't compare both cars , they are both from another breed.

Some pics of mine ,

Attached Images   

Last edited by 928s; 12-23-2009 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:41 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 1980 928 with a 5 speed and I will never get rid of it. I love everything about it and it just has a very special feel to it. When I had my 996, I would still love driving the 928, it is unlike anything else on the road and gets better with age.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
I have always regretted selling my 928GT 5speed, they are great cars