Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tore down my 3.6 this afternoon... pic heavy

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
Tore down my 3.6 this afternoon... pic heavy

Well after winning the first two sprints at Roebling Road last weekend, my RS America, Heywood, decided that he wanted to be freshened up and broke a rocker on the third race's start. This afternoon I pulled the motor and tore it down. Figured you guys might like to see the process. Shows why I love 964's, they are just too much fun to work on, made the three hours seem like five minutes.

Didn't decide I was documenting it until I pulled it so we begin:

Tranny off

Clutch before

After

Lonely tranny

Random crap necesarry to drop it out

Gutted...

Flying 3.6

On the stand

Tips and stabilizer off

One header gone

And two...

Before the real teardown begins

Intake off

Stacks gone

Distributor removal

Fan and generator removal

Valve cover removal

Rockers

The one that ruined my sunday lol

Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
Baron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to allBaron is a name known to all
Removal

Timing chain housings and cams

Heads off

Old 12-10-2009, 07:02 PM
Teamspeed Member
if you have any questions, feel free to ask. and heres why we call him heywood, btw Jack is my crazy polish buddy with the 440hp 3.6, he drives my car, i use his parts lol....

and heywood hibernating till PCOB in jan...