Notices
Porsches from the Past | General Porsche News Air-Cooled 911's, 928, 944, 924, & All Other Past Porsche Models & News.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Classic 911 Racer Picture Thread (ST/RS/RSR)

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2009, 08:08 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute

Possibly my fav. Porsche design element is how the ducktail incorporates into the wheel arch. Stunning.

Old 11-22-2009, 08:18 PM
pak
Teamspeed Member
pak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the roughpak is a jewel in the rough
These pics just kept getting better and better as I scrolled through this thread. These cars look so RAW! Love the pics. Thanks for posting them.

pak

Old 12-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bmoores
John, if you ever want to see the number 9 martini car above in person let me know. A buddy of mine owns that and a few other examples of the cars pictures above.
Nah, that sounds lame. Kidding of course, I'd love to see it!!

Great work on the posts guys!!

Not pics, but some rally footage with Rohrl behind the wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjDL6XJG_hg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKARl8HJjY

Last edited by "The JC"; 12-01-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
I want to own a recreation like this someday
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2HjaHS51hk

Old 12-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
John,

When are we going to meet up. This weekend might not be a bad opportunity. You can see half of the cars you've posted. The ACTUAL cars in person.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Damn, I'd love to, but I'll be at a friend's ranch Saturday and Sunday is my dad's birthday. I'm going to try and make the first weekend of the month car meet at Uptown Park on Sunday morning. Have you ever attended this one? A guy who I always see at the Memorial Park running trail keeps trying to get me to go, but I've been out of town nearly every weekend this fall.

Old 12-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Banned
bmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond reputebmoores has a reputation beyond repute
John the uptown meet is the first SATURDAY morning of every month. Let me know and we can check it out one evening if you'd like.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^I was actually just thinking it was a saturday. I've got a lot going on today and tomorrow, maybe we can try to do it sometime next week. I'll shoot you a PM tom, as I'll know more then.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:30 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JC919
Nah, that sounds lame. Kidding of course, I'd love to see it!!

Great work on the posts guys!!

Not pics, but some rally footage with Rohrl behind the wheel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjDL6XJG_hg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnKARl8HJjY
I would give my left testicle to drive that thing.

Look at Rohrl on the dirt, on road tyres. Phenomenal.

This 'ill make you wet JC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjbO5...eature=related

And 2:30 onwards will make your pants wet. Oversteer to understeer hat the apex, into snap oversteer on the upshift.

Last edited by vtgts300kw; 12-03-2009 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Teamspeed Pro
^My jaw was on the floor for this whole vid, any mortal man would have been in the barrier on a number of occasions. Big rep to you sir!!

Quick Reply: The Classic 911 Racer Picture Thread (ST/RS/RSR)