Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Abu Dhabi GP 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nicebmw power is just really nice
Kimi has to be the funniest guy in F1. Also odd how Vettel and him used foul language during the post race interview:

Old 11-04-2012, 07:42 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
^^Yes I was a little shocked they did as well! Maybe they were upset not to have real champagne !

Old 11-05-2012, 12:06 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
The Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura aboutThe Yank has a spectacular aura about
vettel drove amazingly in that race, he tackled his way to the front not once but twice! admittedly the first time was his fault but nevertheless 3rd from pit lane. com onnn 3rd consecutive championships!

Last edited by The Yank; 11-05-2012 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:25 AM
twi
Teamspeed Junior Member
twi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura abouttwi has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by alwin
Button did a great job with older tires...that battle showed, at least to me, amongst the sea of Seb fans that Seb's racecraft is just not up there.
As a club level racer, I personally disagree with this. Even with a "better" car - which really appeared to be better in the higher speed sector 2 and as a result of the low downforce package dropped him behind in sector 1 which was needed to get a good DRS run in sector 2 - it would take a risky pass to get by a former world champion who was justifiably making his car pretty wide at that point in the race to preserve a podium finish. That risk would have put the championship at risk - not just the race. I think Seb showed great racecraft by being willing to settle, late in the race, for 4th if needed in management of the season championship points, both driver's championship and the constructor's championship. With Weber already in the pits, his constructor points were very valuable. Did he have perfect racecraft? No. Was it still world champion level? Yes.

I was real glad to see Kimi and the black and gold Lotus at the front of the field.

It was a great race all the way around.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Seb's sector times in S1 and S2 were faster than Button before and after the pass. Just an fyi and like I said in the rest of that post, seb had a superior car as a base, newer option supersofts while button was on old softs and due to the penalty the day before seb had the advantage of re-gearing the rb for better straight line top speed and also button has been struggling with traction on his car all weekend. So we can both agree to disagree, and my perception of seb is that he is in his prime only when ahead and uncontested in a superior car. I am also still baffled by why so many drivers like vergne, schumi, Ricardo, kova etc all just jumped out of his way & went wide to let him pass...rewatch the onboards, it was so blatant.

Old 11-06-2012, 05:55 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Terraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura aboutTerraforce1 has a spectacular aura about
I think Vettel drove extremely well, but he was lucky with the safety car coming out twice. His car was with adjusted ratios was also far quicker. So I honestly think he had a bit of luck on his side. RB had a great strategy and it played out perfectly. Great race though