Notices
Travel | Hotels & Resorts | Restaurants & Food Share Experiences From Your Favorite Hotels & Restaurants From Around The Globe.

Going to Dubai & Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 04:18 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Going to Dubai & Abu Dhabi

Going to Dubai in January for a week of sun/sand/sightseeing. Staying at the Dar Al Masyaf.
Never been to the Middle-East before. Since we've got so many people from that part of the world here, any tips on what to do and what to avoid?

Thanks.

Old 09-28-2010, 04:24 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Well I've been to Dubai 2-3 times have'nt been to all of the places, I like the beach down at Jumaira make sure you do some water sports like Flyfish, Katamaran etc.

Wild Wadi if your into Water Park, Obviously a visit to Burj Al Arab Hotel. Desert Safari in an SUV, there is a company that does this. Desert Camping, the weatehr is pleasent that time of the year.

Emarites Mall for SuperCar sight seeing. Pass by AbuDhabi as well. Make sure you visit the strip of JBR as well. I hope I covered most of the places.

Old 09-29-2010, 03:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
avoid muslims, they deadllyy

Old 09-29-2010, 03:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Captain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond repute
^

If your a diver you can dive in either the dubai mall tank or atlantis,. lots of fine dining you name it, they have it

Old 09-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute430berlinetta has a reputation beyond repute
When your in dubai, check out the autodome for any driving experiences. Plus you have the YAS circuit in Abu Dhabi and the ferrari theme park should be opened by then. Hope you enjoy your holiday!

Old 09-29-2010, 04:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
InZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond repute
Nice to see the Bahraini and Kuwaiti brothers helping out on UAE queries. Makes you wonder where the UAE TSers are.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:58 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by InZane
Nice to see the Bahraini and Kuwaiti brothers helping out on UAE queries. Makes you wonder where the UAE TSers are.
They are Sand Duning or getting the Nissan Patrol on two wheels

Old 10-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
InZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond reputeInZane has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
They are Sand Duning or getting the Nissan Patrol on two wheels
Also, doing burnouts in LandCruiser 70 Series pickups.

Old 10-06-2010, 06:49 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the advice guys.

Old 10-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!hattawi You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
at the beginning I would like to Welcome you to Dubai. I guarantee you'll have a great time here. You've chosen the best time to visit us since the weather is pleasant in January.

You can do many things in Dubai, depends on your interests but there are stuff that you must do/visit:

1)Visit Atlantis Water Park which is located on Palm Jumeriah (The artificial Island). You can Have dinner later on in Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) which is very near to it.

2)Go to a desert Safari (I'm sure the hotel you're going to has a concierge that can help you) - Arabian Adventures are the most famous though I never tried any of these, I have my own Patrol

3)We have many Shopping malls but the ones that are worth visiting are Dubai Mall (World's largest shopping Mall), Mall of the Emirates and Dubai Festival Center.

4)Don't forget the sunny beaches especially JBR or Jumeirah Open Beach.

5)You can pay Burj Al Arab a visit but Their food is not worth it. BAB Al Shams Resort has one of the best restaurants which opens only for dinner. The restaurant is opened in the desert.

6)Ski Dubai which is located in Mall of the Emirates is a nice place to visit.

7)If you're looking for Gold don't miss Gold Souk Near the creek.

8)You can go camel / horse riding.

9)You can Golf.

10)Visit Burj Khalifa aka Burj Dubai, the tallest tower in the world and the most expensive place in Dubai. Dubai Mall is located in the same area which is Downtown Dubai.

At the bottom line, stuff to do in Dubai are almost endless. PM when the time of your flight is near and I'll give you my contact details. It'd be my honor to have a nice dinner with a team speeder

Quick Reply: Going to Dubai & Abu Dhabi