Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Dan Wheldon - A Short Look Back

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 01:54 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
RIP

thank God those shit cars won't be raced anymore

Old 10-17-2011, 01:59 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I still feel awful. He was a fantastic guy. The motorsports world lost a truly unique man. My thoughts go out to his 2 kids and wife. As a kid growing up I watched the Indy 500, and still do. I remember how much I idolized these racers and wondered what it would feel like to win it. Dan did something all motorsports fans dream of - he won the Indianapolis 500. Twice. He also did something even harder, he won an IRL championship. Above all that he was the epitome of class. Above his fantastic career I remember him for who he was. When every racer, from every series remembers you, you have had an impact on the sport. From F1 to NASCAR, everyone remembered him for him. God speed Dan. You'll be missed by me and every other racing fan. I never saw him without a smile on his face. He was living the dream we all have. The world truly needs more people like you.

- Jeff

Last edited by 65°V12; 10-17-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:07 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brandi@LamborghiniMiami
Very sad day. It is extremely emotional to see this happen in the sport, but to actually know the driver makes it that much harder. I was fortunate enough to know Dan personally. I will never forget his witty personality, his kindness, his smile, and his talent on the track. I have so many great memories of him and thinking back on watching him race and our silly conversations make me smile through this tough time. He was an incredible racer and an exceptional person. He touched so many of us and he will never be forgotten. Much love Dan...
Sorry for your loss as well Miss B

Old 10-17-2011, 04:33 PM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
I'd like to think Ayrton, Dale, and Dan are looking down on us.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:51 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice write up Dana, DJ thanks for posting the Tribute video for Dan Wheldon, my condolences to his family and friends. May in R.I.P.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 AM
Super Super Super Member!
Super D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond reputeSuper D has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the excellent post, Dana.

Spoke w/a good friend who just returned from Vegas today. He was in the hot pits when this happened. Devasted. Horrible day to be at the races.

Old 10-18-2011, 09:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Slayclops You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Thank you Dana for the amazing write-up and DJ for the video. RIP Dan . God bless his family and friends.

Old 10-29-2011, 12:17 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
An amazing collection of race/sports memorabilia for auction, all proceeds going to Wheldon's foundation. Some very cool stuff here. RIP Dan.

Dan Wheldon Memorial items in Celebrity Charity Auctions store on eBay!

Old 10-29-2011, 11:43 PM
This won't end well
^ The Jimmie Johnson helmet is stunning.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Lewis Hamilton race used fire suit! That is really cool.

I heard Alonso also donated a suit and a helmet.

Quick Reply: Dan Wheldon - A Short Look Back