Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Senna Replaces Heidfeld!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Senna Replaces Heidfeld!!

About damn time:

Senna replaces Heidfeld for remainder of 2011

Bruno Senna will replace Nick Heidfeld at Renault for the final eight races of the season, according to Eddie Jordan who broke the news on the BBC*website.
Whilst the news is yet unconfirmed, speculation has been mounting in recent weeks with both Eric Boullier and team owner Gerard Lopez criticising the German for his less than expected results.

"He has not provided the leadership we wanted," said Boullier. "He hasn't taken hold of the team."

Whilst Lopez added:*"There is no doubt that we expected more from him and we are disappointed."

The 34-year-old is just two points ahead of his much less experienced teammate, Vitaly Petrov, who will remain at the team until the end of the season.
Senna meanwhile, hasn't competed in a full race weekend since the 2010 Abu Dhabi GP when he drove for Hispania, though he did replace Heidfeld during FP1 in Hungary.

It's believed the nephew of the great Ayrton Senna has managed to raise enough sponsorship to secure the race seat, forcing Heidfeld, who is salaried, out of the team.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I actually feel bad for Heidfeld in this case but hey, money makes the world go round. If you've got someone willing to pay for a seat, it makes some sense to dump the guy you're paying but isn't performing.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Teamspeed Pro
smy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond reputesmy266 has a reputation beyond repute
Heidfeld has been a huge disappointment. Yes, he was treated unfairly, but he has the experience to overcome that. I'm very happy to see Senna finally getting a proper chance.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I had read that Renault was upset with Quick Nick.

Good riddance. That guy has had too many chances.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by Barrister
I had read that Renault was upset with Not Quick Nick.

Good riddance. That guy has had too many chances.
fixed for you

Old 08-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I just hope Kubica comes back....

Old 08-22-2011, 05:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
What is interesting about this is that Senna now has a very good car to test his skills with.

He had better get into the points on a regular basis.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
Hey the guy got on podium this year. Senna has never even been in the top 10 and i know that can be attributed to a crap car but what's the guarantee he'll do well in a good car?

Old 08-22-2011, 05:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by .:Raul
Hey the guy got on podium this year. Senna has never even been in the top 10 and i know that can be attributed to a crap car but what's the guarantee he'll do well in a good car?
He did well testing the Honda that Button drove back in '08 I believe. Granted this is not anywhere close to a guarantee he will do well. I'm really hoping he does great because I like him.

Old 08-22-2011, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Master Shake You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Barrister
What is interesting about this is that Senna now has a very good car to test his skills with.

He had better get into the points on a regular basis.
I agree.
Call me a skeptic, but I'm not sure if I believe the hype on Senna. I think Hulkenburg would be the driver that most deserves that seat, but I'm interested to see if Senna can deliver.

Quick Reply: Senna Replaces Heidfeld!!