Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

1.2 trillion barrels left = 35yrs of petrol and were done?

Old 08-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Teamspeed Member
Vettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the roughVettilac is a jewel in the rough
1.2 trillion barrels left = 35yrs of petrol and were done?

Read this in the July issue of TG. Scares me! Makes me sad! I'm sure there are other estimates but are the days of Demolition man soon upon us?!

Old 08-01-2011, 09:10 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Not by a long shot.

Old 08-01-2011, 09:56 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
In a word: No.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
^^^What they said.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
In four words; No.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Any estimate of when we run out of oil has to make assumptions about:

1) The world's expected future oil consumption
2) How much new oil will be discovered
3) The advances in technology for harvesting oil from known reserves that we currently can't access.

Further to that, there's still an open question about whether the total quantity of oil in the Earth is fixed, or whether new oil is forming, and if so, at what rate.

So, the short answer is that no-one knows. Pursuing alternate energy sources is a good idea for a number of reasons, both political and environmental, but the 'we can prove that we're going to run out of oil right around the time you're ready to retire' argument can't be made with any robustness.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
You'd have to be a complete moron to believe that. I assure you that in the next five years we will have the capability to drill offshore in water depths of 15-20k feet. Trust me when I say that there is more then enough oil out there, the trick however is drilling and producing these difficult to reach wells.

Old 08-01-2011, 11:06 AM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm gonna punch you in the mangina

Old 08-01-2011, 11:32 AM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
I'm gonna punch you in the mangina
LMAO ^^^ Mangina

Old 08-01-2011, 11:38 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Didn't the Horizon Rig cluser F in the gulf pretty much dispel the theory that Crude is a 'fossil fuel' and that more than likely the Earth just produces Crud???

Last I checked, Mr. T-Rex didn't cohabitate below 18,500 feet! lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1.2 trillion barrels left = 35yrs of petrol and were done?