Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Move back to Spain costs Alonso £50m

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011, 12:13 AM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by IIVVX
agreed, getting from switzerland to spain whenever you like is not a difficult proposition. im sure this was a spouse driven move.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:13 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmaccormack
Reading is so overrated.

Old 05-25-2011, 12:18 AM
Teamspeed Pro
VegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond reputeVegasFloyd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
It seems like such a big number because it is the gross amount. There are plenty of people making 1m there who pay the same percent in taxes and can live there. Good for him to find what is important to him and be a little "less rich."

Btw I thought people get paid where they earn the money. Like in the NBA don't players pay taxes based on their pay per game multiplied local tax bracket for said amount of money?
That's a legitimate question. Um, the answer is no as far as I know their income would be based on a yearly salary based on the residence, not a game by game basis or certainly not in this case a race by race basis. It's a ridiculous decision by Alonso IMO.

Old 05-25-2011, 02:57 AM
Teamspeed Pro
carendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond reputecarendt242 has a reputation beyond repute
who wants to live in switzerland?

- chuck

Old 05-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ogaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond repute
If I were him I wouldn't do that.

Spanish taxes kill wealthy people taking many of their incomes. That's why many football player don't pay their taxes in here.

Zapatero has killed the medium class, making them pay so much, by the end of the year you find yourself with the same money that someone who earns half as you. That grinds my gears.

In a near future I am planning to set up in one of those countries (Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra,...) and keep my house here as a Holidays one. As long as they keep strangling us to even their loses caused by their horrid management I won't invest nothing in this country. They are giving so much to inmigrants and taking so much from us that I feel like I don't belong.

Old 05-25-2011, 07:31 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
that`s not exactly smart..
why not be based in CH and be "tourist" in Spain as often as he wants to
he could buy a house,a small plane etc and add the travel fees and he would still be off with less than 50 million

and he`s probably travelling a lot anyway and won`t be home most of the time...I guess

Old 05-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Chubster You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by ECB
that`s not exactly smart..
why not be based in CH and be "tourist" in Spain as often as he wants to
Might be that if you are over a certain amount of days (in a year) in the country (registered in Switzerland, going to Spain), you have to pay taxes there as well. As far as I know that is how it works in Finland, and the days you can spend there is 70 days.. might be completely wrong as well.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
barebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond reputebarebones has a reputation beyond repute
Why don't you all renounce your US citizenship and go to a tax haven?

I know I could never call myself anything but Canadian. Is patriotism ever stupid?

Old 05-25-2011, 01:15 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by barebones
Why don't you all renounce your US citizenship and go to a tax haven?
because there are ways to minimize taxation without going to those extremes.

Originally Posted by barebaones
I know I could never call myself anything but Canadian. Is patriotism ever stupid?
in your case it might be

all kidding aside, if i wasn't a citizen of the most powerful country in the world i might consider your advice, but being an american has too many advantages.

Old 05-25-2011, 01:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Arent Spain and Switzerland both in the same country anyways? That big blob of land East of the United States of America?

hahahahahahahaahaha

whatever he wants to do is cool with me. 50mil on taxes to be around his friends and family and call his homeland is "home" --- is there a price tag for that? Doesnt matter what the "smart" choice is. If we all followed that who the heck would drive sports cars?

Quick Reply: Move back to Spain costs Alonso £50m