Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Alonso with Ferrari until end of 2016

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 12:15 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Alonso with Ferrari until end of 2016

Alonso with Ferrari until end of 2016 - GPUpdate.net

Fernando Alonso has signed a new deal with Ferrari until the end of the 2016 season, extending his current contract with the Maranello-based squad by an extra four years. The Spaniard - who had a deal that would have lasted through to the end of 2012 - announced the agreement on Thursday, with the Oviedo-born man and his team-mate Felipe Massa opening an official Ferrari store in Barcelona.

"I am very happy to have reached this agreement," Alonso told the gathered media, including GPUpdate.net. "I immediately felt comfortable and privileged within Ferrari and now it feels to me like a second family.

"I have the utmost faith in the men and women who work in Maranello and in those who lead them: it is therefore natural for me to decide to extend my relationship in the long term like this, with a team at which I will no doubt end my Formula 1 career one day."

Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo added: "It is a great pleasure to have renewed our agreement with a driver who has always demonstrated a winning mentality even in the most difficult circumstances.

"Fernando has all the required qualities, both technically and personally to play a leading role in the history of Ferrari and I hope he will be enriching it with further wins very soon."

Old 05-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I do still think Alonso is one of the best drivers in F1 in terms of being a total package. He has the skill to not only drive at a world championship level, but also to give feedback to the engineers to develop a world championship winning car. Extending his contract was a no-brainer for Ferrari. It's just a matter of time until they can provide him with a car that will win him his 3rd WDC.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alzilla
I do still think Alonso is one of the best drivers in F1 in terms of being a total package. He has the skill to not only drive at a world championship level, but also to give feedback to the engineers to develop a world championship winning car. Extending his contract was a no-brainer for Ferrari. It's just a matter of time until they can provide him with a car that will win him his 3rd WDC.
On paper, behind Schumacher, he's the best racer.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:12 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
That is good to see very happy! wonder what going to happen with Masa now, he is definitely a crowd favorite with the Tifosi

Old 05-19-2011, 03:17 PM
Teamspeed Pro
LAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond reputeLAZY TURBO has a reputation beyond repute
https://teamspeed.com/forums/pit-sto...ws-thread.html

everytime i hear his name, i think of that thread.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Yawn.

Where else is he going to go??

Old 05-19-2011, 05:16 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
weber and nico names where out there, I dont want him going anywhere