Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Schumacher: Joy of racing not there now

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 10:29 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Schumacher: Joy of racing not there now

Schumacher: Joy of racing not there now - GPUpdate.net

Michael Schumacher admits that he is not enjoying Formula 1 at present, having endured another difficult race in Turkey on Sunday. The seven-time World Champion, who tangled with the Renault of Vitaly Petrov, eventually finished one and a quarter minutes behind compatriot and winner Sebastian Vettel.

After four rounds of the 2011 season, Schumacher has managed to score only six points and lies 11th overall in the Drivers’ Championship – 14 points and two positions behind Mercedes GP team-mate Nico Rosberg.

“The big joy is not there right now,” Schumacher told BBC Sport. “I told you before the race there was going to be some action and indeed I had lots of action. I guess I was responsible myself to have the result that I had. With Petrov, I guess it was mostly my mistake what happened there.

“I need to analyse it. It was a bit strange that suddenly we got together and I lost my front wing. The race was a given from there - lots of fighting, lots of action, but for nothing. From where we were (on the grid), going forward is better than still having to defend backwards and mostly I was able to go forward.”

Old 05-09-2011, 10:47 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Having to fight for position is a bitch eh? Who knew that being the front runner was the only fun in racing.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like we won't be seeing Michael on the grid next season. Maybe he came to his senses.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
Having to fight for position is a bitch eh? Who knew that being the front runner was the only fun in racing.
What makes it worse is that he actually had a fairly competitive car this year too.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Teamspeed Member
Murph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really niceMurph5000 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Alzilla
What makes it worse is that he actually had a fairly competitive car this year too.
If Rosberg can qualify 3rd in a similar or the same car - why can't a 7 time world champion? I was excited to see MS back on the grid but it seems the writing is on the wall about his retirement.

Besides - what's left for him to prove? His records will be safe for a few years until Vettel breaks them.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:59 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
This is why you go out while you're on top...

Old 05-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schumacher
With Petrov, I guess it was mostly my mistake what happened there.
WTF? The Michael of old would *never* have admitted fault like that. Not that he was never at fault, but he was at times laughable in his insistence that he did nothing wrong. Remember him parking it in Monaco to screw Alonso out of his last lap of qualifying? Not a whisper of remorse there. I think this says a lot about his attitude to his return. He's more humble, which is great for him as a person, and for the people around him, but is emphatically not the attitude of an unassailable alpha champion.

He just needs to go. He's keeping someone younger, faster, and more hungry out of F1.

Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Schumi should start racing sports cars. He's without a doubt one of the best drivers to have ever lived, but even I think it's time to move on.

PMac, you hit it right in the head. That win at all costs and never admitting mistakes attitude is gone.

Personally, I'd like to see him at Le Mans. Maybe an SLS GT2 car with Schumi, Hakkinen, and a third...or just a pipe dream.

Last edited by "The JC"; 05-10-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:15 AM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
He still has the talent, as you can see when they have the Race of Champions tournaments (equal cars, so it's up to the driver to make a difference). Racing sports cars wouldn't be a bad idea, but I don't think he can swallow his pride again any more than he already has.

I agree that he was so used to racing from the front that he's not as good of a driver moving up the field (without the superior car) as we may have assumed he was.

Old 05-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
All of our worst fears about Schumacher's return have come to fruition.

Don't ask me what the problem is. I don't have the answers.

But it is very painful to watch.

Quick Reply: Schumacher: Joy of racing not there now