Notices
Pit-Stop Discussion Forum For Racing/Track events, DE/Autocross, Professional Racing Events, Nascar, Formula 1, IndyCar, & More.

Mercedes can be second-quickest, says Schumacher

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:52 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Mercedes can be second-quickest, says Schumacher

Mercedes can be second-quickest, says Schumacher - GPUpdate.net

Michael Schumacher holds full confidence in Mercedes GP’s abilities to be the second-quickest Formula 1 team as the new season kicks off in Australia this weekend. The Brackley-based outfit introduced a raft of modified components at the final pre-season test session in Barcelona a fortnight ago.

“We have done a huge step forwards with this year’s car and it's a very performance-orientated car, it’s paid off,” the seven-time World Champion commented.

“I think this year our realistic target is to fight for podiums and, if things go very well, maybe win a race. Does that put us in a position to fight the championship? No. But if it comes and there’s an opportunity there then, sure, we’ll try to catch it.”

The German added that, by following a step-by-step programme over the current three-year period, the squad should be heavily involved in next year’s title battle.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:55 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Webber: Mercedes will be winning races

Webber: Mercedes will be winning races - GPUpdate.net

Red Bull’s Mark Webber believes that Mercedes GP pairing Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher will be in a position to win Grands Prix this season. The Australian’s Thursday comments follow the seven-time World Champion’s thoughts, stating that the Brackley-based outfit can be second-quickest to Red Bull.

“I think the Renault and Mercedes are fast, yeah, they’re not hanging around,” Webber commented in Thursday’s FIA press conference. “They’ve done a good job in the winter. Renault have always been there or thereabouts.

"Obviously we should also touch on the fact that it’s a big shame this week that we don’t have our very popular mate in Robert (Kubica), so we’re going to miss him this weekend, but I think they will be quick this year; they’ve got a very experienced team there at Enstone, so it will be very interesting - whether they can put a championship together obviously remains to be seen.

“Also Mercedes have had a good finish to winter testing and they’re going to be winning some races for sure this year; they’ve showed good reliability, so there’s no reason why they couldn’t challenge for the title along with McLaren and Ferrari.”

Old 03-24-2011, 09:45 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know what they're smoking but pass me some. I don't think Mercedes will be fighting for podiums, much less wins, right out of the gate. Maybe towards the middle of the season, but even still, I don't see Mercedes being the second fastest at any time this season.